Thoughts on 67 Dodge Polara

Thanks for setting me straight with those pics. I think you're right, in that certain combinations couldn't be ordered without certain other options... otherwise it means there are "potentially" at least 8 dash panels:

1 Regular heat/defrost, radio, no Autopilot.
2 Regular heat/defrost, radio, with Autopilot
3 Regular heat/defrost, Autopilot, and radio delete
4 Autopilot, radio, and heater delete
5 Autopilot, and both radio and heater delete
6 AC, radio
7 AC, radio, Autopilot
8 AC, Autopilot, and radio delete

What about AutoTemp?

Sheesh!

This I find very odd:

It's the '68 Monaco / Polara radio delete dash bezel - but it has the cut-out for the radio fader dial?

However it works out, I definitely want one of the rods!
C5E9F339-37C0-4A15-B88B-96F474D7ABBD.jpeg

It's very complete - has all the right parts on it (retaining clip, pivot stud etc). Nice.

Now we need to talk about your master cylinder... Single reservoir master cylinders are inherently unsafe. To make your car safe, you need to get a dual reservoir master cylinder (of a special type) which will allow the auto pilot and master cylinder do exist in the same place. Also you will need to modify the shape of that rod to go around the dual reservoir master cylinder.

I can help you with all of that.

It's very complete - has all the right parts on it (retaining clip, pivot stud etc). Nice.

Now we need to talk about your master cylinder... Single reservoir master cylinders are inherently unsafe. To make your car safe, you need to get a dual reservoir master cylinder (of a special type) which will allow the auto pilot and master cylinder do exist in the same place. Also you will need to modify the shape of that rod to go around the dual reservoir master cylinder.

I can help you with all of that.

Are we talking about a '67 Polara? (or Monaco - doesn't matter). They all have front and back reservoirs. I haven't seen a pic of the MBC in this thread, but I'm sure by '67 they were all 2-chamber.

Are we talking about a '67 Polara? (or Monaco - doesn't matter). They all have front and back reservoirs. I haven't seen a pic of the MBC in this thread, but I'm sure by '67 they were all 2-chamber.
You’re correct. ‘66 was the last year for the single.

FYI, this is the photo from the '67 service manual about adjusting the servo control rod:

cruise-servo.jpg

A green Polara 500 convertible just popped up on ebay. 383 2V, buckets with headrests!, console, a/c.

Not mine.

Auction ends Saturday. Not too different than the dark green poly Pamela Austin car (black buckets instead of white).

Back