Thrill seekers

And we were doing so well this weekend...
You're talking about people with nerves of steel. They know the situation they are getting themselves into. And are probably crapping their pants.
Again, the kid was totally brain dead. No concept of living or dying. Completely devoid of emotion. He wasn't crapping his pants.

Posted via Topify on Android
Looks to me like he beat fear. I wouldn't do what he did, no way, but I admire someone who can control themselves in such a way. You may think its easy, but lots of people wish they could do it to lesser extent for the smallest things e.i. public speaking, yada yada. Relax.

The first person is obviously a Darwin Award candidate. The other 2 are experienced climbers and gliders respectively. Nothing even remotely attracts me to extreme sports.

OK. Can we agree that what he did was not admirable?
It benefited nobody, gave the RR crew nightmares for months to come, and there's smarter ways to test one's own mettle. Everyday, a cop who approaches a stopped vehicle at 3:00 AM is in some ways a lot harder because if he survives this one, there's always the next one...

The only reason he did it was to get attention.

He took a small risk (although I never thought about hanging hoses) and videoed it.... and here we are... watching the video and discussing it. He knew what he was doing. No adrenaline rush... Just some attention.

When I've heard of that stunt or seen it in a movie I've always thought

what if it picked up some piece of trash under it and is dragging it along or some metal work got damaged and is hanging down

OK. Can we agree that what he did was not admirable?
It benefited nobody, gave the RR crew nightmares for months to come, and there's smarter ways to test one's own mettle. Everyday, a cop who approaches a stopped vehicle at 3:00 AM is in some ways a lot harder because if he survives this one, there's always the next one...

your missing me, but I agree on your other points. I wouldn't want to have to clean up the mess either. You right about all that.

Back