THUMBS UP TO A CARPET/FLOORMAT VENDOR !

Hi, I'll ride this thread instead of starting a new one. I ordered a ACC floor mat set form my 1970 Imperial Lebaron from Rockauto and I'm quite disappointed on how they fit. I already made a claim to Rockauto and now they want to have pictures and also measurements compared to stock floor mats. I don't have the originals, so could someone take measurements if anyone has original floor mats? Thanks!

The FR fits semi-OK, but the FL is 2,5" too narrow (doesn't even cover the whole plastic wear pad in the flooring) and the shape is also weird. But the rear mats are a joke (first thought I received only samples). They're 6,5" too narrow and 2" too short to fill the foot well properly.

20210311_155311.jpg

20210310_210148.jpg

Looks like they’re entirely wrong for your car. The mats should also be the cut-loop style or Essex style rather than the loop style they sent you.
Those in your pictures actually look like they were for my car!

I did order loop style ones as the essex style seemed a bit pricey (the shipping, tax and customs doubles the price before I have them in my hand in Finland). And to be honest, I don't know what exactly is the difference. I'm satisfied with the quality for the price, but not with the size...

Its the top-most option here: 1970 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL 7.2L 440cid V8 Floor Mat | RockAuto

But damn, I just now realized the second one form the top says "Lebaron". Are the mats truly different size in Lebaron and Crown? The picture looks the same tho.
Edit: It seems that there are options for logos in the "Lebaron" one. Maybe otherwise the same as non-Lebaron

Hi, I'll ride this thread instead of starting a new one. I ordered a ACC floor mat set form my 1970 Imperial Lebaron from Rockauto and I'm quite disappointed on how they fit. I already made a claim to Rockauto and now they want to have pictures and also measurements compared to stock floor mats. I don't have the originals, so could someone take measurements if anyone has original floor mats? Thanks!

The FR fits semi-OK, but the FL is 2,5" too narrow (doesn't even cover the whole plastic wear pad in the flooring) and the shape is also weird. But the rear mats are a joke (first thought I received only samples). They're 6,5" too narrow and 2" too short to fill the foot well properly.

View attachment 445058

View attachment 445059
FWIW, that's not the type of thing I would order from Rock Auto.

RA does some things well, and that's delivering standard mechanical parts from different warehouses (none of which belong to Rock Auto) and putting them in your hands. Something out of standard and suddenly you are going through through too many hands and when it goes bad... like this... you can't talk to anyone that knows the problem.

I know, it's too late now...

My recommendation would be these guys. Auto Carpet for Car, Truck, Van - Stock Interiors

Hello, I buy my carpets and floor mats by Stock Interiors. I am very satisfied with her communication and as I am from Switzerland, I can choose the shipping company and they give the the Refund later. Carpets to Switzerland / Europe by UPS is much to expensive, USPS is much cheaper! I like to make business with them.

I too just copped some mats from ACC. They're an improvement over bare sheet-metal, but I now know I paid too damned much for them. Still, they were quick, fit nicely up front, and the dark green is right for Mathilda. I'm in no big hurry to properly carpet until I'm satisfied with the rest of the interior, but I'm open to9 Good Thoughts on insulation I can lay down against road and engine heat. The HOT Season fast approaches us down here in the Sonoran Desert....

Back