TINA PATINA (73 4dr Imperial) will join her GINGER SIBs in MINNESOTA

Whoa! You have 5 Imperials now? The newest one looks like a really clean one, as do all the others.
So, when are you gonna tell wifey the Infiniti is going to have to go on the driveway?:lol:

Whoa! You have 5 Imperials now? The newest one looks like a really clean one, as do all the others.
So, when are you gonna tell wifey the Infiniti is going to have to go on the driveway?:lol:
I'm afraid to tell her there's five Imperials...I just keep two at home...
two... soon to be three at the shop 60 miles away... I will store them out of sight and just rotate them...the only two that might give it away is the gold one and the silver patina one...I haven't figured out how to break it to her yet.:rofl:

I'm afraid to tell her there's five Imperials...I just keep two at home...
two... soon to be three at the shop 60 miles away... I will store them out of sight and just rotate them...the only two that might give it away is the gold one and the silver patina one...I haven't figured out how to break it to her yet.:rofl:
Just do what Javier does, 1 car new bathroom, next new kitchen etc lol.

There is a slim possibility that the wifey may confuse McGoldy for Goldy…:rofl:
40143591_137950800473191_3639781601342128128_n.jpg
Y6g.jpg

I haven't figured out how to break it to her yet

Join the club. You won't be the first, or the last person on this board that hasn't faced that dilemma.
You'll be safe for now with them being 60 miles away, but your mechanic is gonna need his floor space back at some point.
I'm sure you'll figure it out.:thumbsup:
So, have you located #6 yet?

Join the club. You won't be the first, or the last person on this board that hasn't faced that dilemma.
You'll be safe for now with them being 60 miles away, but your mechanic is gonna need his floor space back at some point.
I'm sure you'll figure it out.:thumbsup:
So, have you located #6 yet?
There's a T8 250 miles away...seller a bit flakey with info...I'm waiting for a call back when he pulls out of barn after Labor Day.

Yep...we are due for a new master bath...Old Red cost me a new kitchen...or was it Little Red?...oh well...either way I'm screwed...
Maybe stop at 5, or else get Javier to design your mansion and 100 car garage.

You could always do what they did on the old Green Hornet TV show, having a revolving garage floor, put the Chevy in and clamp the car, then the floor rotates and McGoldy appears, reverse the procedure when you want the Chevy. Now I realize the cars on the show must have been empty of fluids to avoid leakage but it's a neat trick anyway. Videos of the show are on YouTube.

That's funny. My wife probably wouldn't have noticed either.
BTW somebody should educate your bro-in-law the rules of the Man Code!

That's funny. My wife probably wouldn't have noticed either.
BTW somebody should educate your bro-in-law the rules of the Man Code!
Yes...he knows now...I told him it cost me a kitchen remodel...then he felt bad...

I couldn't agree more. I always thought that year Chevy was one of the ugliest years ever made. It was like they didn't know when to stop making a cut here or a bulge there or a crease just had to go somewhere. I didn't see any design scheme/theme/idea in the whole thing. JMO, I know but it's nice to know I'm not alone. :)
So, do you guys hate the 70 Chebbie ,too? I have no plans to buy any Chebbies...C bodies going forward...But, I always liked this one as well.
70imp.jpg
70imp2.jpg

Just do what Javier does, 1 car new bathroom, next new kitchen etc lol.
I'm trying the matching funds bit, whatever I spend on vacations and house stuff, I get to spend an equal amount on cars and parts. I'll see how that works out for me.

I'm trying the matching funds bit, whatever I spend on vacations and house stuff, I get to spend an equal amount on cars and parts. I'll see how that works out for me.

Just don’t let her bank it all and use it at one time...oivey learned the hardway this summer

What you do is find a garage/industrial condo unit/whatever to hold all of your Imps, put up a sign that has 'Imperial Museum' in its name and charge a small entrance fee. Then tell her it's a business enterprise. :)

Just don’t let her bank it all and use it at one time...oivey learned the hardway this summer
She likes to spend money frequently enough it's never as much as say, a high quality paint job. I'm the one who's going to need to bank it. :BangHead:

Back