TINA PATINA (73 4dr Imperial) will join her GINGER SIBs in MINNESOTA

I once thought I was jealous - but no longer -

Now I KNOW I'm jealous!

You have some beautiful beautiful cars.

I once thought I was jealous - but no longer -

Now I KNOW I'm jealous!

You have some beautiful beautiful cars.
Thanks Duncan. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about the 72-73 Imperials. I absorb alot from this forum and what I can elsewhere and with the three Mopar mechanics that work on my Imperials. I'm not a wrencher...I do what I can. I would do more but I can't have greasy, cut or mashed fingers for my work. :rofl:
My upper crust Kardashian-like patients would frown upon my smelly gasoline cologne.:lol:
Duncan here's all 4 together.
2018-07-16 13.12.47.jpg

So what is the plan? Keep the original paint or a new paint job down the road?

So what is the plan? Keep the original paint or a new paint job down the road?
Usually I make my mind up quick...I'm not sure about this topic yet. I like the patina. When I think of Imperials I think glossy. So, I welcome all opinions...

If you keep the car inside a drygarage during the rough winter season and keep it out of the rain the patina will remain as it is, so no need for clear coat..

I vote for keep the patina with no clear added. But a beautiful repaint would also be great someday. No hurry! I know that after I repaint my ‘72, I’ll drive it (even) less than I do now.

So, Doc, what made you go from Chevies to Imperials?

My upper crust Kardashian-like patients would frown upon my smelly gasoline cologne.:lol:
So your clientele tend to have really large behinds and low moral standards... :confused::confused::confused:

Sorry to hear it Doc, but I understand... maybe you can pick up more of Bruce's peer group and improve the quality of your patients...:lol:

Usually I make my mind up quick...I'm not sure about this topic yet. I like the patina. When I think of Imperials I think glossy. So, I welcome all opinions...
Doc, that car is gorgeous...

Not that my opinion matters anymore than the next guy's, but I think your paint is a little worn to keep original. That color would be so nice in the sun if it still had a shine... the wavy 1/4 and primer on the hood are too far gone for wax to help anymore. Congrats on the new car.
tina-patina-jpg.jpg

Clear coat the over the awesome patina, that is what the cool kids are doing today
I had to red x that... I hate that look and would despise it even more on this beauty.

Back