Too many black 1974 Imperials in Florida...

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Offering for sale a very collectable ( 1 of 57 ) 1974 Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupes. This vehicle has original miles of 147,000. Not a low mileage collector, yet within the last year the alternator has been replaced, the battery, the thermoquad carb has been rebuilt, the rear wheel (axle bearings) have been replaced in addition to replacing the differential fluid with synthetic gear oil. Upon my purchase, I immediately had the transmission rebuilt - and I purchased vehicle in 1996, with 138,000 miles at that time. So, in the last 20 years I have only put 9,000 additional miles on the rebuilt transmission. I have only participated in car shows and this LeBaron is a multiple trophy winner - as elite as even Best Of Show - one year at the Dublin Ohio Len Immke benefit show. This vehicle truly belongs in a museum as a crowning jewel! I'm relocating to Spring Hill in October, and I plan to drive the Imperial from Ohio. It will be available for viewing at that time. I have additional pictures upon request.

00f0f_lIqKnacQrIC_1200x900.jpg
00o0o_lOttoYuk8El_1200x900.jpg
00z0z_5LV5vqhpMD3_1200x900.jpg
00R0R_a8qsfpTXraX_1200x900.jpg
00H0H_kSEJy3cc6s0_1200x900.jpg
00R0R_6nj7LycWPzR_1200x900.jpg

Chrysler / Imperial Collectable

Formal lovers may remember his for sale ad being discussed here some months ago... It does look nice in the pics...

Was the car painted? What's with the pics of the yellow one? No mention of it in the ad.
Yes it's a 1 of 57 Crown Coupe that belongs in "Golden Fawn"... I can't be completely angry about it as he seems to have done a nice job, but that paint pretty much negates any claim to the rarity of the car.

I was too lazy to dig this up last night...
For Sale - Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe - $14900 (Columbus)

$15k down to $8.5... he will find $2500 in a few more years unless he adds in the cost of fuel for his move.

Yep.....anniversary edition.

I'm pretty sure there is only a handful of them left at best.

Yes it's a 1 of 57 Crown Coupe that belongs in "Golden Fawn"... I can't be completely angry about it as he seems to have done a nice job, but that paint pretty much negates any claim to the rarity of the car.

I was too lazy to dig this up last night...
For Sale - Imperial LeBaron Crown Coupe - $14900 (Columbus)

$15k down to $8.5... he will find $2500 in a few more years unless he adds in the cost of fuel for his move.

I despise a color change unless the original color was white

I despise a color change unless the original color was white
IDK... Golden Fawn doesn't overly excite me either... but after having changed that feature, why dwell on it? He did a nice looking change to black, it was 1 of 57, now it's a color changed nice car with my least favorite roof for these. It would have been a better plan to stay original if he wanted to cash in or shout about it's rarity.

IDK... Golden Fawn doesn't overly excite me either... but after having changed that feature, why dwell on it? He did a nice looking change to black, it was 1 of 57, now it's a color changed nice car with my least favorite roof for these. It would have been a better plan to stay original if he wanted to cash in or shout about it's rarity.

Agreed, the colour change really hurts the value as the colour was a big part of the Crown Coupe appearance package in 74 (ie. Chrysler's golden anniversary). It would be like restoring a 70 300 Hurst in totally different colours and then spout on about the package even when you screwed it up.

Back