Took a cool pic?

Somebody needed to clean his windshield every once in a while...

Schoodic Point....the "other" Acadia National Park. The loop road is a spectacular drive. This was in 2010....I took a good friends wife for a drive. She was very ill and has since passed. Miss you Linda! :sad: Also visited the last HVAC installation (Moore Auditorium) I ever worked on before my accident. It was a good, but melancholy day!

Schoodic Point  8-21-10 004.jpg

Schoodic Point  8-21-10 010.jpg

Schoodic Point  8-21-10 011.jpg

Schoodic Point  8-21-10 009.jpg

Mr onetwo. such beautiful pics but a sad memory. thanks for sharing both.

I've been to Acadia--over 30 years ago (before I became a family man). Went with college friends who wanted to hike around Cadillac Mountain.

I wasn't (still aint) much of a hiker (hung back, drank beers with the other laggards in the group) but it was beautiful country.

What a coastline (we did that Loop Road(?) over Overlook Point(?)) too! :yes:

the sun has obviously been wowing humans for a long time.

its in cave drawings from the primitives, hieroglyphs, paintings of every era, and of course ubiquitous shots of it since the camera was invented. it never gets old.

to me, first its the colors I see. always reminds me of good things, looks pretty, etc.

then, the science. knowing its 93 Million miles away and we can feel its heat on our faces, even with light travelng at 186,000 miles per second (670 Million m.p.h) we can only see it as it appeared 8 minutes in the past --awesome stuff.

anyway, always a "cool" subject for an image. thanks folks for these and all the other cool things in this thread.

another pic of last nights storm in alberta..Calgary ..Airdrie get some pretty wild storms due to their proximity to the mountains...get that 30+ celcius heat and cold air comein of mountains mixing and it gets nasty...
Calgary insurance actually employs planes to seed the storms to lessen the effect and hail size to limit claims..

those weather shots are spectacular.. thanks guys.

grew up in Kansas and watched many a storm roll in, including meeting an "F-5" (the original Fujita scale) up close and personal-like in 1966 (that's a story for another thread).

nowadays, if its safe I get the cool weather shot and then get outta "Ma Na's" way :eek:

Wicked pictures!

We are in for more severe weather in the Mid-Atlantic area in the next couple of days.

Some cotton ball looking clouds headed my way. The clouds seemed as if they were falling right out of the sky and this pic doesn't do it justice. Coolest weather phenomenon I've personally witnessed.Puffy clouds.jpg

Puffy clouds.jpg

Back