Took the Imperial out to a charity event today...

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
This was a car show as a part of St Baldrick's Day, which is a cancer fundraiser for children's cancer illnesses. It's an annual event sponsored in part by a local garage (Beck's) and a really great bar and grill (VZD's). There were over a hundred people that got their heads shaved as part of the fundraiser. Lots of folks out! The street was blocked off at each end, so it was a very cool block party, with a band, several food trucks, and lots of games for the kids. Today was absolutely perfect for a car show - 68* and calm winds...OK, the winds kicked up a LOT at the end. Just a nice day to kick back with friends and cars and brews!

20160403_105043_Burst02_resized.jpg

Nothing harder for a parent than a sick kid IMO. Good on ya! We keep saying someday for a cure hopefully someday is close.

I almost forgot the pic from the weekend prior! I am also a fan of pre-'73 GM trucks and have owned several over the years. A few of us on one of the Chevy truck forums met up for breakfast last Saturday. Since I have only one GM product right now, and my son drove that to work, I drove the Imperial. So, here's another Imperial pic! You can never accuse me of not driving my car!

gabfest.jpg

A funny thing happened at the charity event today. I was getting a rag out of the Imperial when a little kid, maybe five years old, came up from behind and said "Hey Mister, is this your car?"

I said "It sure is!"

He replies with all seriousness - "It's so...HUGE!"

I looked at his Mom and smiled, because the way the kid said that was soooo funny! I asked the kid if he wanted to sit in the car behind the wheel.

He looks at his Mom and says "Can I, Mom? Can I, can I???"

She nods and I helped him up in the seat. He had the biggest smile on his face, and thought that was the coolest thing ever!

He asks his Mom "Can we get one, Mom, can we, pleeeeeeeease???" Fun times! Makes hanging out in the sunshine all that much more fun.

And you remembered your camera! Nice pics Patrick.

A funny thing happened at the charity event today. I was getting a rag out of the Imperial when a little kid, maybe five years old, came up from behind and said "Hey Mister, is this your car?"

I said "It sure is!"

He replies with all seriousness - "It's so...HUGE!"

I looked at his Mom and smiled, because the way the kid said that was soooo funny! I asked the kid if he wanted to sit in the car behind the wheel.

He looks at his Mom and says "Can I, Mom? Can I, can I???"

She nods and I helped him up in the seat. He had the biggest smile on his face, and thought that was the coolest thing ever!

He asks his Mom "Can we get one, Mom, can we, pleeeeeeeease???" Fun times! Makes hanging out in the sunshine all that much more fun.

Sweet, sharing it with the next generation.

I'm looking forward to getting out with the NYer and meeting some folks. Doing some cruises and having a good time. Weather really teased us a couple of weeks ago; mid 60° all week - today just barely above freezing.

Very cool Patrick, that's how little car guys get started. Very nice Imp as well, have never seen it before. Sounds like a really good day!

Back