TOOL QUESTION

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey FCBO Hive Mind - can anyone tell me what this is? I think it's an attachment for an electric hand drill to make a mini drill press. Am I correct? You stabilize it by screwing it into the wooden table, or a sacrificial wood base, and then you can use a flexi-extension from your driller to attach to the shaft coming out the top, and chuck your bits in the chuck below?
IMG_5564.jpeg

I think this is tool for drilling perpendicular holes to any flat surface. Just connect hand drill in it and put your drill in it's chuck. In that left upright vertical rod is depth adjustment.

Well, it's free to me along with a handful of other nice vintage tools from my friend's dad, and since I don't have a drill press, it will be ideal for certain situations.

Last edited:
Who can tell me what these are?
upload_2021-6-18_22-15-45.jpeg

These look like some sort of snap ring pliers with attachments for different sizes perhaps?

upload_2021-6-18_22-16-39.jpeg

And I don't know how/what one uses these for:

upload_2021-6-18_22-19-1.jpeg

The last picture is used in model-R/C aircraft construction.Used for installing hinges for the movable control surfaces.

Yes on the snap ring pliers. Those come in handy Ross and I’m surprised you weren’t familiar with them.

I was/am, but haven't ever had a set. I tended to borrow when needed or used inappropriate other tool solutions, with the accompanying "I gotta get a set of these damn things".

I didn't know they came with adaptors.

I was/am, but haven't ever had a set. I tended to borrow when needed or used inappropriate other tool solutions, with the accompanying "I gotta get a set of these damn things".

I didn't know they came with adaptors.

You can never find the right combination of snap ring pliers. You need innies, outies, straight, 45 degrees, 90 degrees, small, medium, and large. And likely the combination you need is missing parts.

You can never find the right combination of snap ring pliers. You need innies, outies, straight, 45 degrees, 90 degrees, small, medium, and large. And likely the combination you need is missing parts.
And the interchangeable tipped ones are very poor. I sold dozens of these sets. There are larger ones not included in this set though and I haven't mentioned lock ring pliers yet. LOL

snap ring pliers2.jpg

upload_2021-6-18_22-15-45-jpeg.jpg

This may be a tool for reseating a faucet to install a new seal.

Back