trading my 68 Fury III for a jeep? Thoughts?

There are few vehicles around that can take the kind of punishment a Jeep can and ask for more afterwards. Yes you will have to maintain it yes it will have drips and leaks and other gremlins but parts are plentiful and cheap. Personally I'd look for a 1st Gen Grand Cherokee with the straight 6. They go for $1k to $5k up here and will go almost anywhere a wrangler will. Also solves your passenger problem.

Thank you for all the input on this. I think it's probably not a good idea for now. Man, if we wouldn't have such a housing crysis and had to live in an apartment, I'd just buy one in addition to the fury and then decide who has to go... Anyways, thank you for all the thoughts on this.

I wasn't saying that the Miata is a car for women, I just don't like them very much, seen very few where I could say they look okay.

I am sorry as I may have over reacted a bit. I would really hate to see you sell your Fury is all. An old Jeep with a straight six is really bullet proof.
As for the Miata suggestion ,I personally would never drive one either but they are good cars and you can make them into what ever you want.

I am sorry as I may have over reacted a bit. I would really hate to see you sell your Fury is all. An old Jeep with a straight six is really bullet proof.
As for the Miata suggestion ,I personally would never drive one either but they are good cars and you can make them into what ever you want.
No worries, I don't really want to get rid of the fury. Except if I find the right thing. Idk, I'd trade it for a classic mini in a heartbeat, handling dosent compare to anything I have ever driven before. Mine was not a "woman's car" either, it was heavily modified.... Idk, certain cars get bad reputations because people don't take care of them right. Some really might be straight out crap, but...idk... It's probably all a matter of preference too

I love old Mini Coopers. Very cool car. That is a car I would happily drive. And so small you could store it in the Fury trunk!!

Honda S2000. Older one that had a redline of 9000 rpms!
I heard anything over 5500 rpms it started to make power. Pretty wild stuff for a street car.

Honda S2000. Older one that had a redline of 9000 rpms!
I heard anything over 5500 rpms it started to make power. Pretty wild stuff for a street car.

Oh yes,I like the s2000 too. I had parked next to a fancy one recently and started setting off his alarm when I started the fury up lol. Anyways,I don't think a s2000 would do too good on gravel roads and 30% inclines either lol.

Last edited:
Back