Transmission lines 1968 fury iii

Reaction score
Is there something wrong with the way they are routed some ppl say yes and some say no I know a union doesn’t need to be in it

IMG_3587.jpeg

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3586.jpeg

I don't see an issue, except for the rubber hose. If not the right, ATF proof rubber, you will have a problem.

The compression fitting is fine. It's not like a brake line where you are running higher pressure and might die if it came apart. Perfect application for it. A compression fitting would be much better than the rubber hose.

Routing looks fine to me.

I have used an ATF rated rubber hose. Works OK on a low mileage car as long as there are good smooth flares at both lines where the rubber hose connects.

well for a very long story...mine looked like someone tied them in a knot a few times so i decided to get new ones before i dropped the engine back in...because you really cant get the long one in there if the engine is in place...possibly you could get it through if the front bumper was off or if you mangled it and re bent it, which could be the reason for your compression fitting...they had to cut it in half to get it in...i bought the first set from inline tube and they weren't even close...and it would have cost more to ship them back in the oversized box than the lines cost and after some internet searching about other peoples customer service dealings with them i didn't even bother....the next set came from Vans and only one fit...they were for a 68 big block...they were really helpful and went through what they had(texting pics back and forth) and wound up sending a set for a 67 big block (which i swear should be identical to 68) that fit fine and that's what you see in the included pic....so the final chapter...dropped in the engine and the TTI engine pipe for the HiPo exhaust manifold hit the lines and had to do some major reshaping to make it all work
KIMG0013.jpg
KIMG0013.jpg

no idea why it posted the picture twice...oh yeah Vans sent the second set out for free and didn't want the first ones back

Back