Transport company?

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a car out east and transporting it to Wisconsin. Any preferences or suggestions? Experiences?
Thanks!

Try a search. Others here have asked also. I used Reliable to ship enclosed from N.J. to Detroit. No complaints

The first one is from WI. 920-342-8060. He hauled my '79 Dodge Magnum GT this year. Second is from Nebraska, Terry 402-587-0515. Don't rely one
100_0377.JPG
quote but get at least two. The biggest thing I learned is if it is a return trip you will benefit otherwise the price will be too high.

Try a search. Others here have asked also. I used Reliable to ship enclosed from N.J. to Detroit. No complaints
Is that the transport company out of Farmington, MN? I'm looking for another quote for trip from East coast to Minnesota.

There was a thread that involved tranporting inoperable cars, that BIGBARNEYCARS another member, others and myself were involved in. The following are excerpts of that thread, hope everyone doesn't mind I priced out a move from WildCat Auto Wreckers in Portland OR to Chicago using Reliable, and Coast to Coast. One was very expensive, the other we'll call on the lower end. Steve Durham was In the middle. I would suggest getting a quote from the others and not necessarily use price as a criteria.

One member suggested Dave Fountain He used him for all of his transports needs. He said the following: a wide network of transporters he accesses who are well vetted in terms of reliability, carefulness and a very competitve price. He is very experienced and well connected. And he gets on the assignment fast and you don't end up waiting forever to get someone reliable to do the job. His number is 515 207-1494

BIGBARNEYCARS suggested Steve Durham at: 270-887-1022.To quote him Do ah mapquest from zip code to zip code for your move before you call Steve and he will quote you a price or he will calculate it out and call you back.

I was very satisfied with Steve's service, on time, personnel service. Picked up the donner car, dropped off at the shop, paid the bill and the transaction was seamless.

Hope all are okay with paraphraseING the other thread.

i have had really good experiences using uship.com

you will get very competitive bidders and can specify if car is inoperable or if you need enclosed transport etc.
be sure to read the ratings/ reviews on the offers u get, not just decide based on lowest price.

i have had really good experiences using uship.com

you will get very competitive bidders and can specify if car is inoperable or if you need enclosed transport etc.
be sure to read the ratings/ reviews on the offers u get, not just decide based on lowest price.
That's a pretty cool website...

That's a pretty cool website...

i liked that they dont spam you like the big transport companies do. your contact info is private until u select an offer from a bidder. u can message bidders thru the site and ask questions without accepting an offer.
uship can hold the agreed upon cost $, and u release payment to the driver upon delivery via a code they give you.

U-Ship added $200 to my Magnum from Colorado charge. Learned since to see if they have valid insurance by checking with Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC) some may take it out and just cancel it. Make sure it is still valid.

There was a thread that involved tranporting inoperable cars, that BIGBARNEYCARS another member, others and myself were involved in. The following are excerpts of that thread, hope everyone doesn't mind I priced out a move from WildCat Auto Wreckers in Portland OR to Chicago using Reliable, and Coast to Coast. One was very expensive, the other we'll call on the lower end. Steve Durham was In the middle. I would suggest getting a quote from the others and not necessarily use price as a criteria.

One member suggested Dave Fountain He used him for all of his transports needs. He said the following: a wide network of transporters he accesses who are well vetted in terms of reliability, carefulness and a very competitve price. He is very experienced and well connected. And he gets on the assignment fast and you don't end up waiting forever to get someone reliable to do the job. His number is 515 207-1494

BIGBARNEYCARS suggested Steve Durham at: 270-887-1022.To quote him Do ah mapquest from zip code to zip code for your move before you call Steve and he will quote you a price or he will calculate it out and call you back.

I was very satisfied with Steve's service, on time, personnel service. Picked up the donner car, dropped off at the shop, paid the bill and the transaction was seamless.

Hope all are okay with paraphraseING the other thread.
I had a good experience with coast to coast... my one and only... but for my move their biggest selling point was the ability to meet all of my needs on the other side where they had a yard.

Can't say how I would do a move like that again. But I wouldn't write them off.

I had a good experience with coast to coast... my one and only... but for my move their biggest selling point was the ability to meet all of my needs on the other side where they had a yard.

Can't say how I would do a move like that again. But I wouldn't write them off.

I had a great experience with Coast to Coast and would use them again...... :thumbsup:

Back