For Sale true story? S-27 concept Fury owned by Fury designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoodGuys show in Lincoln, NE. Pics By Wayne Rames.

s27.jpg

s27.jpg

Last edited:
very nice car...but trash those skirts. those belong on fin cars....and the exhaust also.

I stumbled upon this post about the infamous S/27 Fury III convertible. Having read what all the "experts" have said, I.m the one getting the last laugh IMHO. Well, I'm the guy that bought the car from Ben Three years ago. While y'all were debating and speculating about the car, I swooped in and bought it from Mr. Clayton's family, I happily paid 15 grand for the car and knew what I had found. It's a rare car, only 1952 Fury ragtops produced in 1970, and it was the last year EVER for a large Chrysler Corporation convertibles. It was built May 20, 1970 which makes it one of the very last. And just try finding one this nice!! The body and floors ARE rock solid and original, that in itself is virtually impossible to find. The options are spot on for collectability: 383 V8, factory AC, power front disc brakes. Iconic B7 blue. Ive protected and honored Mr Clayton's vision of the S/27 concept. Its a fantastic story about one of Chrysler's best and notable designers. I also have the book, approx. 100 8x10's of rare unseen photos of the inside Plymouth design studio from the mid to late 60's. Simply amazing seeing cars under development and the clay mockups. To summarize, Ive taken this car to the next level, having pulled the engine and restoring it to correct stock appearance and colors. The large black centered wheel covers are now hanging in the garage being replaced by a nice set of Chrysler road wheels. Correct dual exhaust and on and on. My son and I are driving it to the Mopars In The Park event in Stillwater, Mn end of this month. Feel free to stop by and see what Y'all missed out on back in 2016. If you want to see current pics feel free to email me I'm only too happy to show it off! [email protected]

interesting read... Very nice convertible you have there:thumbsup:
Too bad there was so much chatter about the negatives.

Children should seen and not heard, some of you really need to get some nice pills from the doctor. We all love those nice negative comments based on hot air that should have been retracted that a certain entitled few of you feel is necessary each and every car thread. You guys that i am speaking about really need to get some professional help for the affliction you have. Yes your behavior is bad and many are weary of the snarking and entitlement.

As you have found out the car is legit, has been known about for a long time and the person who bought it got a DEAL and the last laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back