For Sale true story? S-27 concept Fury owned by Fury designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this guy were for real think he woulda had other designers ect fabricate a better trunk badge...that one looks like cheap paint job and lettering from a hobby shop...and the fender tag....coulda thrown one together at factory durin lunch or bought it offa ebay.....is why l wouldn't buy a vehicle without a history behind it...with my GT can trace it back to originally dealer
Lm goin with one of none

At least have the badging correct or close...

1970_Plymouth_Sport_Fury_GT_-_Alpine_White_030com.jpg

White_Sport_Fury_GT_028.jpg

22141f888cc546212650d757ada8abe8.jpg

Also I believe the rear bumper insert would be the sport fury black. All that being said that is a gorgeous car. Also love the skirts

Also I believe the rear bumper insert would be the sport fury black. All that being said that is a gorgeous car. Also love the skirts

IF if if if ..... The price was just a TAD !!!! more reasonable and I had those reasonable funds it would be the perfect mate for my 69 Sport Fury Vert.......... OH well .......... back to reality ...

I'm not crazy about the lack of paint or the rivets but I can't prove anything is miscoded on the tag.[/QUOTE

Same tag looks legit all be it to clean...rivets look correct to butt if this were true would be more info out there including a decal package...even the 71 GT had been spec.d with a 6 pack to the point there are P/Ns for a GT 6 pack decal package even though it didn't come out

......oh,....but the 6BBL decal did come out Derek,.... just not in large numbers. :)

Have seen the pns for them but never a pic or drawing....would love to see what they did if you actually have a set

Roy Martin Rotevatn

3 hrs
This was owned by Chrysler’s A, B, and C body designer. He designed the 70 Fury’s. This is what he wanted Chrysler to build and that was a S/27 trim package for the convertibles like the GT’s and S/23 pkg. for the hardtops. They said no.

He had 3M make this reflective tape stripe that says S/27 on the fenders. It is a one of a kind. He just passed away and his nephew is selling this car. It is super clean and needs nothing. All original. Real nice paint and glass. Was a 383 2bl. He added a 4 bl stock 383 Magnum cam, Edelbrock intake and carb. Runs real good. A/C, power steering and power disc brakes.

It is one of 1,100 Fury convertibles ever built. It is B7 blue with white top and white and blue interior. He added a tach. He put 15x7 cop car wheels I sold him years ago. Behind the hubcaps. Have the original wheels also. Cool car with good history. It needs to be shown and put out there what could have been.

$25,500. Livonia, MI.

I have over 50 pics of it.

View attachment 72784
To all who have commented I apologies. My uncle Richard Clayton was the C body studio chief from 65-72 and this was his car. It was not created by Chrysler, he wanted to build an S 27 but the bean counters wouldn't have it so he created his own. I never expressed that this was a produced car yet it seems to have gotten mythologized. It is a beautiful example of the fuselage design in outstanding condition. I am sorry if it has taken on a story of its own but it is not a prototype or one off but what the C body studio chief envisioned. I was raised on Mopars, my father, Charles Clayton was a clay modeler who retired from Chrysler and I worked in package design back in highland park. Please feel free to email me at ben@detroithotrod.net. Thanks.

To all who have commented I apologies. My uncle Richard Clayton was the C body studio chief from 65-72 and this was his car. It was not created by Chrysler, he wanted to build an S 27 but the bean counters wouldn't have it so he created his own. I never expressed that this was a produced car yet it seems to have gotten mythologized. It is a beautiful example of the fuselage design in outstanding condition. I am sorry if it has taken on a story of its own but it is not a prototype or one off but what the C body studio chief envisioned. I was raised on Mopars, my father, Charles Clayton was a clay modeler who retired from Chrysler and I worked in package design back in highland park. Please feel free to email me at ben@detroithotrod.net. Thanks.
That's still a pretty cool story! Thanks for your honesty and I don't think you need to apologize.

Plymouth: Fury S-27 Convertible
No disrespect meant to the seller or the uncle, but those are the most unflattering/boring wheelcovers available for a Fury. They make those painted Mercedes wheelcovers of the 70s look good.

Last edited:
I agree about the wheel covers but he designed them and he liked them. If it's any consolation they are in perfect condition.

I also have original studio photos of the C body studio, a whole book, from 65-66. I will post this week.

would be grateful if you could post them up..am shure lots here will appreciate it as well and in this small way you can help preserve some of the C Body history
may even be some here that worked in that studio....am finding there's a few folks here with alota Chrysler history trailin behind them

Nice, undocumented car. worth 9/10K

You are kidding right? Maybe in Alabama that is what they will pay, but in Europe at least, it will bring the asking price or close to it apart from any other history behind it. I don't think the history will add much, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back