Turn signal question

Red63440

Reaction score
I noticed I had a bulb out so I installed a new one. Turned on the parking lights and the bulb I installed (1157) glows brighter. Tried the turn signals and there is a very minor dimming of the bulb with the parking lights on but no flash. The rear works fine but the front not so much. Ok, short, bad ground...?

Double filament bulb?
Recheck how it was pushed it. You may have missed the grooves that index it properly for the socket contacts to properly align with the bulb contacts. It's happened.

< Sent from my tablet >

Double filament bulb?
Recheck how it was pushed it. You may have missed the grooves that index it properly for the socket contacts to properly align with the bulb contacts. It's happened.

< Sent from my tablet >

I checked to make sure it was inserted correctly and finally removed the entire TS assembly. Cleaned the connectors and the mounting tabs on the bumper. It works fine now so that one more thing I can scratch off the list...thanks Stan!

A car that nice should have had a very short list. You seem to keep extending it to keep busy....

One thing always leads to another on these cars.

I had one lifter that was ticking and driving me nuts...

9ht4s4.jpg

I recently changed out a Fury III bumper for a Fury I/II on the police car clone I was building. When I changed the bumper and wiring harness (NOS) I had all sorts of lighting issues (some lights worked and others didn't) and the fix was to attach an additional ground wire from the chassis to the bumper. Jim

Back