Uncle Charlie's Fury

TNTrooper428

Reaction score
Finally took possession of the 72 Fury this past weekend. For those of you who thought this was an inheritance, it was not and money changed hands. I was too low on the totem for a direct inheritance, but those that were in line were kind enough to listen to Uncle Charlie and give me first dibbs on the car since he is no longer able to handle his own affairs. This photo is the first time I laid eyes on the fury. Notice the fan and dehumidifier to the left.
Fury 1.jpg
Fury 4.jpgFury 5.jpg
Fury 3.jpgFury 2.jpg

This has the 440 police engine, 140 mph speedo head, AC Cutoff Switch, HD suspension, HD Shocks, Exhaust and Resonators, and HD Radiator. The reason is does not have the police wheels is because Uncle Charlie wanted the "Road Wheels". Also, he opted for a step down from the HD Transmission to a smoother shifting 727.
Fury engine 1.jpgFury Trim Tag.jpg
Don't have pix of the interior yet, but it has buckets and console with a factory cassette tape player mounted to the floor in front of the console. Will post pix when I get them. The car has a factory electric sunroof.

Fury 1.jpg

Fury 5.jpg

Fury 4.jpg

Fury 3.jpg

Fury 2.jpg

Fury engine 1.jpg

Fury Trim Tag.jpg

That is a beautiful Fury, You are a lucky guy! it's good you were able to take it over. I have never seen one in black, and that Fury has the ultimate drivetrain. More Pictures would be great.

I want it!!

AND You just propelled yourself to a high position on the "You suck" list..... :thumbsup:

I am happy for you and sad for you and your family and uncle Charlie all at the same time.

I'm just glad the family worked with you to save and preserve this beauty in the hands of someone who has the desire to protect and preserve it and who also has a personal connection with it's former caretaker.

Great car and all fender tag correct.
I would like to have it, too.

I am usally not fancy on tx9 black but the 72 looks great in it and the 440HP is the best motor for it

Carsten

I am happy for you and sad for you and your family and uncle Charlie all at the same time.

I'm just glad the family worked with you to save and preserve this beauty in the hands of someone who has the desire to protect and preserve it and who also has a personal connection with it's former caretaker.

I could protect and preserve it and wouldnt mind meeting Uncle Charlie..... that car is stop in your tracks, to die for gorgeous

All I can say is WOW! That is sweet, and superbly equipped. You made my day.
All I would do is take off the fender skirts and enjoy it! Even a sunroof! Love to see the interior.
How many miles on it - I doubt it could be many.

There was one like that in MCG a while back, full load with a sunroof.

The article said the owner was a Mopar tech at the time and had to get a district sales rep to sign off on the order because the car cost more than an Imperial at the time.

It's not the same one is it?

Kevin

One of the finest examples I've ever seen. Sorry about your Uncle but at least this rare ride stays in the family. I don't think I'm asking for much but I would like to see several hundred photo's of this car from every angle.......... when you get a chance.

What a super car!

Best fusie I have ever seen!!!!

Uncle Charlie is the MAN!!!!!

Uncle Charlie had some taste, that's for sure!! What a car! Good for you. Looking forward to many more pictures!

All I can say is WOW! That is sweet, and superbly equipped. You made my day.
All I would do is take off the fender skirts and enjoy it! Even a sunroof! Love to see the interior.
How many miles on it - I doubt it could be many.

The fury has 138,000 miles on it, although some would swear it was 38,000. Charlie bought this car to drive and enjoy, and he definitely did that.

There was one like that in MCG a while back, full load with a sunroof.

The article said the owner was a Mopar tech at the time and had to get a district sales rep to sign off on the order because the car cost more than an Imperial at the time.

It's not the same one is it?

Kevin

One in the same, Mopar Collectors Guide Aug 2014. Good eye Kevin!

again a beautiful car. Floor console 67-73 C bodies are in the less then 1% of all made. Then add 440 HP? Uncle Charlie did the Mopar world a big favor, showing how they looked then.,

Back