Under dash light bulb.

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the lamp mounts that is under the ignition switch? Mine was just hanging loose. Dont think it would just be visible with a plain light bulb. Thanks

My 69 Dodge Polara convertible has a light in the lower part of the dash seen between the pedals. This was a convertible only thing, on the Dodge there was only one, on the right of the column. It is just a courtesy light.

As for your Chrysler I have no idea where it mounts of if it is even the same style of if there were two.
2020-12-20_046.jpg

Alan

My 69 Dodge Polara convertible has a light in the lower part of the dash seen between the pedals. This was a convertible only thing, on the dodge there was only one, on the right of the column. It is just a courtesy light.

As for your Chrysler I have no idea where it mounts of if it is even the same style of if there were two.
View attachment 583282

Alan
Mine are just a socket and bulb, no covers of any kind.

Does it have a good bulb in it? If you can get it to light up it might help you figure out where it goes. Or, does it just light up when the door is open and go out when it's closed? The ignition switch lamp had a timer. Or does it go on only with the headlights? These would all be clues to help you figure out where it goes.

Does it have a good bulb in it? If you can get it to light up it might help you figure out where it goes. Or, does it just light up when the door is open and go out when it's closed? The ignition switch lamp had a timer. Or does it go on only with the headlights? These would all be clues to help you figure out where it goes.
Comes on with the doors. Ill see if its got a delay

Both driver side and passenger side lights come on and off with doors. Ill have to check if they are on a timer.

If your ignition key cylinder is like most 1969 Chrysler cars I've seen, the key cylinder is on the dash to the left of the steering column. So Plymouth fury has the ignition key light installed at the far left corner of the instrument cluster flood light panel.
With 1970 Plymouth Fury, the ignition key light stayed in the same place on the same timer, but the key cylinder was moved to the steering column. So with 1970 Plymouth it illuminates the switches, especially the headlight and interior light switches.
PXL_20230222_015549784.jpg

A clear up close pic of the light would probably help to better ID it. :poke:

If you can, trace the wiring back to the nearest connector. I find that many times you can ID something simply by comparing the connector shape, wire colors, and wire gauge to those in the back of the wiring diagrams in the FSM. Accurately IDing it might give some insight in to where and how it should be mounted.

The mount is rusty but nothing under dash was except parking brake. Its not on a timer either so im guessing just a floor light

To my knowledge, there are no other interior lights to this style.
Ash tray & Ignition Switch Illumination.jpg

The only exception under the dash would be the map light, which has at least the same cable colors (Pink and Yellow) but has a different socket.
2021-01-03 17.18.23.jpg

And that is a little bit weird because it's not grounded through the socket, means it's not mounted to metal.

* The Dome Light also has the same wire colors.

Back