Unobtaniable parts source

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
A few days ago a guy posted a C body parts car on one of the C Body pages on Facebook. well he got a reply from a guy that said no car should ever be parted out. That all of them could be saved. And he had the ability to do anything on any car. He kind of went on a bit of a rant. So I sent him a msg asking where does he get all his parts. I have not heard back. Been waiting. Clearly this guy doesn't restore cars. Let alone C bodies.

^^^^What he said Facebook makes me realize how boring and uneventful peoples life's are...but I wouldn't mind checking on some of those C-Bodie pages.

It's like everything else. There are some good helpfull people on there & some that just want to be difficult. You can block the difficult ones LoL. I like that feature

I think you can block people on here to but thankfully everybody is so cool and knowledgeable I would never want to do that.

Here are stupid things I've been told on forums, Facebook, and in person:

*All cars should be saved no matter what they are.

*If you're not in the process of restoring your car at this exact moment, then you should immediately sell it to the first person than uninvitedly comes on your property and makes a lowball offer.

*All cars are precious and should be delicately stored in climate controlled, indoor facilities. You're a car abuser if you don't have every car parked safely in a garage.

*You're not actually a car owner, you're a custodian of history.

*All old cars were safe, reliable and built with the best technology. There is never a reason to modify or upgrade any component (except for the changes I made on my car).

*Imperials are NOT called Chryslers (except for the years that they were) and everyone should be educated about this even if they don't care about old cars.

*It doesn't matter that the most your car will ever be worth is $2K, you have an obligation to spend $50K restoring it or else you're not a real car guy.

If NO car was parted out, any car could not be saved because there are no parts for it. Every car would be an unfinished restoration.
a guy that said no car should ever be parted out.
That is the most effed up catch 22 statement ever !

I hope the day comes he needs an organ transplant...

No car should be parted out, just steal the parts off someone else's car!

I used to do that when as a kid when somebody stole my gas cap.
I'd go to the shopping mall and steal somebody else's gas cap.
Then he would go to another mall and...

I love your post! I thought I was the only one to hear these opinions. These people clearly have never driven a 41' Chrysler all original in traffic today. Best done between 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning, and pray a lot!
Here are stupid things I've been told on forums, Facebook, and in person:

*All cars should be saved no matter what they are.

*If you're not in the process of restoring your car at this exact moment, then you should immediately sell it to the first person than uninvitedly comes on your property and makes a lowball offer.

*All cars are precious and should be delicately stored in climate controlled, indoor facilities. You're a car abuser if you don't have every car parked safely in a garage.

*All old cars were safe, reliable and built with the best technology. There is never a reason to modify or upgrade any component (except for the changes I made on my car).

*Imperials are NOT called Chryslers (except for the years that they were) and everyone should be educated about this even if they don't care about old cars.

*It doesn't matter that the most your car will ever be worth is $2K, you have an obligation to spend $50K restoring it or else you're not a real car guy.

I love your post! I thought I was the only one to hear these opinions. These people clearly have never driven a 41' Chrysler all original in traffic today. Best done between 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning, and pray a lot!

I've driven a '56 Mercury Medalist with no brakes, glad I live in the country!

Ha! So True! I've actually owned a '42 Chrysler Royal, drove it in traffic once... for about 4 miles... and then sold it!

60,000 actual on this one, moved from it's resting place where it sat since the late 80's. Great shape, just slow and,,,,,hesitant to stop.HA HA!
Ha! So True! I've actually owned a '42 Chrysler Royal, drove it in traffic once... for about 4 miles... and then sold it!

That has always been my thinking actually as far as extraordinary survivors are concerned, but I Keep that to myself and treat my own cars that way, meaning I'll leave them as is and take good care but still put them into use. Custody Ends when you're dead unless you get buried in it.

I used to do that when as a kid when somebody stole my gas cap.
I'd go to the shopping mall and steal somebody else's gas cap.
Then he would go to another mall and...
Sounds like a hood rat move! I may have done that 2wice or more!

Bob, please send me the group information... I'd like to have a word with him...
A few days ago a guy posted a C body parts car on one of the C Body pages on Facebook. well he got a reply from a guy that said no car should ever be parted out. That all of them could be saved. And he had the ability to do anything on any car. He kind of went on a bit of a rant. So I sent him a msg asking where does he get all his parts. I have not heard back. Been waiting. Clearly this guy doesn't restore cars. Let alone C bodies.

Back