Update from Quirey Quality Design on Washer Bottles for Fuselage Cars

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I talked this morning with Quirey regarding their progress in terms of the washer bottle reproduction for fuselage cars, having been prompted by this recent post on this site and the high return on the sale........................

SOLD - 3431154 windshield washer reservoir

What I learned is that the mold being worked on for this part has been put on hold due to staff resources and efforts to also produce many other items (they are most focused on getting their parts made for the Forward Look Cars it seems since they took over that business from Gary Goers). They also told me that they have about 10 other blow mold washer bottles they have worked on to have reproduced and their vendor who actually does the blow molding process is doing about one of each mold per month currently in terms of actually making some for sale.

So the estimate for getting these washer bottles done for us is over a year now at least.

I will get an estimate on the battery cable reproductions for our cars tomorrow hopefully but they told me the troublesome fusible link clips have been successfully reproduced using their 3D printer, so hopefully they will be available sooner rather than later.

More to come................

Remember mine was a reproduction. Some where the mold should exist for that. Or at least I would hope but who knows. Was supposedly made in the 90s was a thread on here and several other people pointed that out to me also about being a reproduction.

Remember mine was a reproduction. Some where the mold should exist for that. Or at least I would hope but who knows. Was supposedly made in the 90s was a thread on here and several other people pointed that out to me also about being a reproduction.

I bought some of those "reproductions" at the time they were available and my understanding was that they were reproduced by Chrysler themselves as part of their aftermarket parts program at Mopar Performance. I was led to believe at the time they were made using the original molds so that they would be authentic.

After a while, those were no longer available either.

That was probably more than 20 years ago now, and I still have some original ones nos and some of the reproductions as well. But I am keeping them for my cars that I had in the planning even back then.

Quirey maintains they will definitely be reproduced but the question remains "when that will be?". From what I know about Quirey based on a personal discussion I had with Gary Goers when he was deciding to whom to sell his business, his opinion was that all of his parts could be improved upon by Quirey since he had researched carefully to whom he should sell and his review of all of the applicants pointed to the reality that Quirey had the technology and staff to best make his efforts succeed and be improved upon going forward.

I have known Gary for many decades now and he is the guy that taught me how to do the bodywork on my 1957 Chrysler 300 C and he knew his stuff and it came out well (his shop was located in Southern California way back then but thereafter he moved to Kalispell, Montana). I have shown that car many times on this site. I completed that car in the late 1970s and it still looks like new to this day.

Gary has been a perfectionist in all his endeavors car-related and those of us with Forward Look cars will forever remember him for all his efforts. Without his work, probably none of mine would have come out as well as they did.

So I remain hopeful that Quirey will come through for us in time.

Last edited:
I wonder if Chrysler destroyed the molds?
I do hope someone reproduces these.

I wonder if Chrysler destroyed the molds?
I do hope someone reproduces these.

Having worked for Chrysler in Highland Park for over a decade, my guess is that those molds were discarded long ago after Mopar Performance no longer felt the need to keep supplying them anymore. The corporation changed hands many times since then and there was never a lot of effort made to preserve the past.

Even today, "Chrysler" still maintains a sizeable car collection but it isn't available for public viewing anymore since when FCA took over, they took the Chrysler museum that was on the grounds at their current beautiful headquarters in Auburn Hills and devoted that building to Alfa Romeo employees and Fiat too. The current car collection is now housed in the Connor Avenue assembly plant that used to make the Vipers and the collection is only available on special occasions such as the most recent Chrysler 300 Club 50 year anniversary meet that took place in the Detroit area where the club members were given a tour of the collection as part of their activities.

Some of the members of this site were in attendance as well at that tour.

Last edited:
Chances are good that Chrysler didn't make the bottles in house. Many parts aren't made by Chrysler ( or Ford etc.) and are made in shops across the country.

Just for example, we made all the Jeep Trail Rated badges in the shop I was partners in. Gas doors, Viper emblems.... All that kind of stuff. I think all the 300 letter car emblems were done there too, but that stuff was gone when we bought the place. I looked too. Lol.

It would make perfect sense to me if some plastics shop built those bottles. While the tooling would "technically" belong to Chrysler, it can get lost very easy with ownership changes or closings. Chrysler would also have to pay for ant repair and replacing worn tooling, depending on the contract. Some bean counter at Chrysler could say "scrap them" without batting an eye.

Those shops are also bound to Chrysler to just sell those products to Chrysler.

We actually had Harley Davidson checking local ads for Harley emblems to be sure one of our employees wasn't selling any. Caught a couple too. Chrysler wasn't as vigilant, but the chances of losing a lucrative contract outweighed the pennies that would be made selling to some other company.

I've been in plastics companies that were building parts for well known national companies, Chrysler included. Most were injection molding (big around here) so I can't say I saw these being made... So its an educated guess on my part.

I've been in plastics companies that were building parts for well known national companies, Chrysler included. Most were injection molding (big around here) so I can't say I saw these being made... So its an educated guess on my part.
I'd guess rotational molding, you'd likely get one tank an hour with one mold on a small machine. I made many overflow tanks of similar size at a past job. Lots of automotive parts.

I'd guess rotational molding, you'd likely get one tank an hour with one mold on a small machine. I made many overflow tanks of similar size at a past job. Lots of automotive parts.
I thought rotational molding too, but was told the new ones would be blow molded.

It's indeed almost certain that those washer reservoirs were made by an outside supplier, and not by Chrysler. I'm working in the automotive industry (actually, I'm working for Stellantis, the new holding company for Chrysler), and I can tell you that molds are kept at suppliers, at the owner's expense (space rental, maintenance, depreciation ...).

As soon as the needs are fulfilled (both for serial life and spare parts), within a year or two, the molds are scrapped.

Quirey called me back this morning to inform me that the battery cables project for our fuselage cars is on track and they expect to have them available as soon as the second week in January, so that is very encouraging news. They are still keeping my original cable set from one of my 1971 300s that was as close to new as I could find because while they have some of the the new negative cables assembled now, they still have to assemble the positive cables and wanted to keep mine in case they need to look at anything closer as they progress to get the project done. The cable set from my car even still had the part number decal glued on on it that was probably used for the assembly plants to keep things correct, but when I asked they said they probably would not reproduce that very small decal due to so many other projects that required their full attention. So I will be very happy to have these battery cable sets finally available in the near future now.

Last edited:
Thanks Stan,

I believe when we need something, we need to go after the right people to make it happen rather than just sit on our hands and complain about not having what we need.

For my favorite fuselage C bodies, I looked forward (note the similarity to my site name :)) and I decided we needed a lot of vinyl/plastic molded products and gave some of my best dash pads and so many other items to Bob Baker and convinced him to make them and have continued to encourage him to make even more over time. He now has a healthy business as well but the virus is still holding him back due to so many material shortages to get parts back into stock but that should resolve with more time.

Then I worked with Global to make correct heater cores (along with Tim on this site @sixpkrt) and a/c condensers despite some naysayers predicting we would fail.

Supplementing the Global efforts, then I searched for solutions for the Auto Temp II systems and along the way found Performance Analysis Company that solved that problem already in conjunction with Mercedes Benz, a company that is dedicated to making sure their older vehicles can still be restored and makes reproduction parts available for them even from decades ago. Chrysler sold Mercedes Benz the patent rights to copy the Autotemp II systems, which they made much better quality than Chrysler's original ones, and so they are now available along with the amplifiers and associted items in the system.

Performance Analysis | Climate Control | Diaphragms | Blower Motors | Pushbutton Panels | Vacuum Door Locks | Autotemp | Cruise Control | Engine Oil Analysis | Mercedes-Benz Parts | Mercedes-Benz Club of America | Oak Ridge | Car Care - Home | Performance Analysis Co.

@ayilar and I also keep on top of tire offerings for our cars and try to keep everyone informed of what is available and seems to work the best.

Then there are DMT and REM making splash shields and interior parts and more for our cars now that they did that on their own.

I also worked with Centric to make sure we got good replacement rotors, rebuilt calipers for our cars and other similar parts including wheel cylinders and more. They have a great production and quality center near me in Southern California and just fantastic representatives that know our cars better than our own home grown brands that also buy from them now and sell them under their old names.

One other common problem that our cars have is very old voltage limiters but I note that electronic replacement ones are now available from companies such as Herbs Parts which is owned by AMS Obsolete - which is the best supplier of original nos after market parts out there in terms of rare parts availability, but those are high priced but justified as a result. There is also our own Marty's Arizona Parts and Deception Pass Motor Parts as options for nos parts. Each of them is just great to work with too and have competitive prices.

Then we also have Legendary that has made the vinyl bucket seat covers for many of our cars that they have done on their own.

Also, very notable is the recommendation by @Big_John on the best place for radio restorations and modern conversions of our original radios that preserve the original look and function of them (and also his many recommendations on electrical solutions for our cars):

garytayman.com

Then we do have available SMS Auto Fabrics out of Oregon that can make our door panels, but send them in about 3-4 years before you need them in order to avoid frustration. But their quality and attention to detail is excellent.

Then there is also Quirey that I have worked with as well to get further solutions to our needs as is the subject of this thread. I sent them the battery cable set to reproduce and Manny @70 Sport Suburban sent them an excellent washer bottle to copy as I recall.

There are many others that have contributed as well.

In my previous job before retiring, I had to work with every vehicle manufacturer that sells vehicles in the U.S. to make a goal happen especially here in California and also relative to climate change over the last 31 years before I left in 2012. My group of 40 people got it done and we worked hand in hand very respectfully and in concert with every one of the vehicle manufacturers and their chief engineers and also many of their suppliers independently to get the job done. When you treat people with respect and work hand in hand to solve mutual problems and listen to their issues and work with them to resolve them, that leads to success I have learned. We need more of that attitude in the U.S. again.

All of this is why I very much appreciate this site as without its great success, all of this would have been very hard to accomplish. It takes a lot of combined effort from a lot of folks here to keep these cars alive, but it is still very doable. So that is why I support Joey and the moderators here a great deal. What he has accomplished is not easy but he has been successful where other mopar sites have essentially failed IMO. The site is so flexible and smooth running that it is a standout success along with his other related ones and should not be taken for granted.

I just wish we could all tone it down a bit and get off of our high horses and work together to do what made this country great in the first place - work together cooperatively and respectfully and do our best together.

So in terms of restoration efforts, there is pretty smooth sailing in terms of restoration of the fuselage models and some of the others.

Last edited:
Great information about restoration parts availability and suppliers.

Now if only someone could sort out the Auto Temp 1 system as I'm sure there are folks who wish their systems could be restored to function as designed.

It would be quite a job I suppose, but someone with the determination of Javier in Florida who straightened his car's bumpers to everyone's amazement could get it done.

Great information about restoration parts availability and suppliers.

Now if only someone could sort out the Auto Temp 1 system as I'm sure there are folks who wish their systems could be restored to function as designed.

It would be quite a job I suppose, but someone with the determination of Javier in Florida who straightened his car's bumpers to everyone's amazement could get it done.

I believe it could be done with enough effort and research, especially regarding the control unit in the right side kick panel. The problem is whether the effort could ever be profitable. The only reason we have Autotemp II solutions is that Mercedes bought the patent rights to a good system and then improved on them. It is the large volume of Mercedes models worldwide that makes the venture doable and Mercedes commitment itself to ensure that their older vehicles can still be repaired and enjoyed by their loyal customers.

If Chrysler's original cheap servos were reproduced and the cost was anywhere near the $800 of the currently available improved version, I would rip out my Autotemp II system and make it a manual one. Those crappy bakelite plastic original servo canisters cracked after only about 2 years of normal driving.

Chrysler's bean counters had too much control and it ultimately bankrupted them circa 1980.

Last edited:
I believe it could be done with enough effort and research, especially regarding the control unit in the right side kick panel. The problem is whether the effort could ever be profitable. The only reason we have Autotemp II solutions is that Mercedes bought the patent rights to a good system and then improved on them. It is the large volume of Mercedes models worldwide that makes the venture doable and Mercedes commitment itself to ensure that their older vehicles can still be repaired and enjoyed by their loyal customers.
Indeed, but perhaps an interesting exercise anyway, I seem to recall a thread or post where someone stated they'd got their system working again but that may have been the later Auto Temp 2 system.

My main thought is that nearly 60 years on it can't be that difficult to sort out old technology, but maybe it's more complicated than I think.

Merry Christmas and happy motoring to all.

I will step up and buy what I need from your suppliers. I'd love a correct pos battery cable and a set of rotors from centric for my Imperial.

Indeed, but perhaps an interesting exercise anyway, I seem to recall a thread or post where someone stated they'd got their system working again but that may have been the later Auto Temp 2 system.

My main thought is that nearly 60 years on it can't be that difficult to sort out old technology, but maybe it's more complicated than I think.

Merry Christmas and happy motoring to all.
Auto temp I can be replaced.
I suspect a microcontroller with some interface adapters could be realized.

Thanks Stan,

I believe when we need something, we need to go after the right people to make it happen rather than just sit on our hands and complain about not having what we need.

For my favorite fuselage C bodies, I looked forward (note the similarity to my site name :)) and I decided we needed a lot of vinyl/plastic molded products and gave some of my best dash pads and so many other items to Bob Baker and convinced him to make them and have continued to encourage him to make even more over time. He now has a healthy business as well but the virus is still holding him back due to so many material shortages to get parts back into stock but that should resolve with more time.

Then I worked with Global to make correct heater cores (along with Tim on this site @sixpkrt) and a/c condensers despite some naysayers predicting we would fail.

Supplementing the Global efforts, then I searched for solutions for the Auto Temp II systems and along the way found Performance Analysis Company that solved that problem already in conjunction with Mercedes Benz, a company that is dedicated to making sure their older vehicles can still be restored and makes reproduction parts available for them even from decades ago. Chrysler sold Mercedes Benz the patent rights to copy the Autotemp II systems, which they made much better quality than Chrysler's original ones, and so they are now available along with the amplifiers and associted items in the system.

Performance Analysis | Climate Control | Diaphragms | Blower Motors | Pushbutton Panels | Vacuum Door Locks | Autotemp | Cruise Control | Engine Oil Analysis | Mercedes-Benz Parts | Mercedes-Benz Club of America | Oak Ridge | Car Care - Home | Performance Analysis Co.

@ayilar and I also keep on top of tire offerings for our cars and try to keep everyone informed of what is available and seems to work the best.

Then there are DMT and REM making splash shields and interior parts and more for our cars now that they did that on their own.

I also worked with Centric to make sure we got good replacement rotors, rebuilt calipers for our cars and other similar parts including wheel cylinders and more. They have a great production and quality center near me in Southern California and just fantastic representatives that know our cars better than our own home grown brands that also buy from them now and sell them under their old names.

One other common problem that our cars have is very old voltage limiters but I note that electronic replacement ones are now available from companies such as Herbs Parts which is owned by AMS Obsolete - which is the best supplier of original nos after market parts out there in terms of rare parts availability, but those are high priced but justified as a result. There is also our own Marty's Arizona Parts and Deception Pass Motor Parts as options for nos parts. Each of them is just great to work with too and have competitive prices.

Then we also have Legendary that has made the vinyl bucket seat covers for many of our cars that they have done on their own.

Also, very notable is the recommendation by @Big_John on the best place for radio restorations and modern conversions of our original radios that preserve the original look and function of them (and also his many recommendations on electrical solutions for our cars):

garytayman.com

Then we do have available SMS Auto Fabrics out of Oregon that can make our door panels, but send them in about 3-4 years before you need them in order to avoid frustration. But their quality and attention to detail is excellent.

Then there is also Quirey that I have worked with as well to get further solutions to our needs as is the subject of this thread. I sent them the battery cable set to reproduce and Manny @70 Sport Suburban sent them an excellent washer bottle to copy as I recall.

In my previous job before retiring, I had to work with every vehicle manufacturer that sells vehicles in the U.S. to make a goal happen especially here in California and also relative to climate change over the last 31 years before I left in 2012. My group of 40 people got it done and we worked hand in hand very respectfully and in concert with every one of the vehicle manufacturers and their chief engineers and also many of their suppliers independently to get the job done. When you treat people with respect and work hand in hand to solve mutual problems and listen to their issues and work with them to resolve them, that leads to success I have learned. We need more of that attitude in the U.S. again.

All of this is why I very much appreciate this site as without its great success, all of this would have been very hard to accomplish. It takes a lot of combined effort from a lot of folks here to keep these cars alive, but it is still very doable. So that is why I support Joey and the moderators here a great deal. What he has accomplished is not easy but he has been successful where other mopar sites have essentially failed IMO. The site is so flexible and smooth running that it is a standout success along with his other related ones and should not be taken for granted.

I just wish we could all tone it down a bit and get off of our high horses and work together to do what made this country great in the first place - work together cooperatively and respectfully and do our best together.

So in terms of restoration efforts, there is pretty smooth sailing in terms of restoration of the fuselage models and some of the others.

I remember the first repop part I ever bought. It was 1984 and it was the "Hemi" emblem that attached to the deck lid for a '69 GTX project. I was promised that it was a "perfect match" to the original. What I got was this abysmal part that was about 15% smaller in every dimension. Obviously it was made by taking a good used piece and making a mold directly from that and then doing a lost wax casting. I was so disappointed. Next repop stuff was some engine decals from a well known vendor that was just getting into doing Mopar stuff. More garbage.

I talked to a friend and we gave some serious thought to making reproduction parts for resale ourselves. It was incredibly bad timing for both of us or I think we could have done it. He was a wealth of info on Max Wedge, Hemi and A12 cars. I had tooling knowledge and contacts in local shops. We even had his cousin work up some '69 A12 hood brackets and make a few for us. They were identical to the OEM. You couldn't tell them apart.

The brackets were nice, but getting them made turned out to be troublesome and we only ended up with the samples. In the end, the shop closed and we even lost the flat pattern for cutting the bracket before bending. We did sell the samples at least. LOL.

When I was contemplating retiring, I thought about it again... Maybe reselling online and have a few odd pieces made. I decided the market is already saturated with vendors selling the same stuff... and I also realized I was burnt out mentally and broken down physically and just needed to stop working.... I had turned down an opportunity to service Rockwell Hardness testers and that would have been very lucrative for me... So why would I want to work doing something else?

Thanks Stan,

garytayman.com

I would like to offer another source for radio conversions that maintain the original looks.
They have converted 4 radios for me and each was perfect and maintained the OE look. They even did the small frame radio for my '70 power wagon even though it was a challenge.
The web site is Auto Electronics
Although the name of the company is:
S&M Electro-Tech, Inc
8836 Xylite St. NE
Blaine, MN 55449-5007

Back