What is the Likelihood that Reproduction Windshields Will Happen for our Fuselage Cars?

NSG group makes reproductions available through PilkingtonUSA. My 300K rag blue-tint was ~$500 s/h included ordered by & delivered directly to my glass installation guy. Good fit. No leaks.
300K-WS.jpg

Here are the actual markings on my 3 windshields. The first one is from the invoice posted earlier. The second was purchased in the early nineties, I believe I have the invoice for that one in my records. And the third is an original.

I post these hoping the numbers may help turn something up. "China glass" as it's known in the auto glass industry, is never as good American or European glass. It's not horrendous though. I did get one medium size rock chip on the one purchased nearly a decade ago, it didn't crack or spread and repaired nicely. I'm going to need a new one soon, so hopefully we can find a source. Looking at this single thread, it appears that there is definitely demand!

PXL_20230630_214507833.jpg
PXL_20230630_214839313.jpg
PXL_20230630_214619978.jpg

NSG group makes reproductions available through PilkingtonUSA. My 300K rag blue-tint was ~$500 s/h included ordered by & delivered directly to my glass installation guy. Good fit. No leaks.
$500 shipped is a great price.
When I called around a year ago, $1500 installed was what I was being told.

I considered buying a handful thru Summit to get the per-piece shipping price down (2 for me, and 2-3 to sell locally), but then I got a screaming deal for one for $109 thru Jegs.
When it arrived I was amazed at how poorly it was packaged, and when the driver and I removed it from the box, it was cracked, of course.
As Jeg's and Summit are surely getting from the same source, I don't cotton the idea of making an 8-hour drive to the closest Summit and find most or all of them broken when I inspect them at their will-call.

$500 shipped is a great price.
When I called around a year ago, $1500 installed was what I was being told.

I considered buying a handful thru Summit to get the per-piece shipping price down (2 for me, and 2-3 to sell locally), but then I got a screaming deal for one for $109 thru Jegs.
When it arrived I was amazed at how poorly it was packaged, and when the driver and I removed it from the box, it was cracked, of course.
As Jeg's and Summit are surely getting from the same source, I don't cotton the idea of making an 8-hour drive to the closest Summit and find most or all of them broken when I inspect them at their will-call.
I got a windshield for a '66 Dodge for under $500 shipped two years ago. They gave me a clear instead of the tinted I ordered and tried to get another $50 out of ne for what I paid for. I should have done that, because now I have a clear windshield I don't want to install.

I also contacted a business in my area of San Bernardino County here in Southern California that told me that they would be receiving a shipment of the glass I/we are looking for in about 6 weeks. They said the glass they ordered comes from Indonesia and shipped by boat. They also claim it is top quality and available in various forms such as tinted with a blue top shade that is consistent with the glass I received from Finland. So hopefully this will all come through and there will indeed be a source. When it comes in I will go and take a look at it and report back. The person I talked with said I am the third person this year that contacted them about this specific glass and after the first two contacts they placed the order. So we will see.........................

The company I am dealing with mostly supplies classic auto glass for the 55-56 Chevrolet restoration guys but will also supply glass for other models as well. So I am hopeful of their quality.

Did you ever follow up with this company regarding the fuselage windshields?

A replacement windshield for our Holiday Rambler RV was over $3k installed. Auto glass isn’t what it used to be. I was just grateful that I didn’t have to wait for it.

I got a windshield for my Monaco from them. They switched it to a non tint windshield, after taking my payment for a tinted windshield, then tried to get another $50 from me for what I already paid for. I should have, because I don't want a clear windshield. I hopemi have better luck this time around.

1970FuryConv > >Pilkington>>Did your glass company have to call them?>>

Yes. I gave the glass installer the link & phone number. He took it from there.

Back