What is the Likelihood that Reproduction Windshields Will Happen for our Fuselage Cars?

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am unable to find reproduction windshields for our cars. The only source that is available to my knowledge is obtaining them from Finland at a pop of $1500 each. I actually went that route for my 1973 Dodge Coronet Crestwood station wagon since that vehicle will command quite high prices these days and it is like new. The importer I do work with said there would be discounts for multiple purchases.

I just last week had the glass installed in the wagon and I was actually amazed it was exactly as original and fit perfectly.

Most of the many cars I have sold go to my many friends in Finland and all I can say it there is a reason Finland has been chosen as the happiest country in the world for many years in a row. Every single person I have sold to over there is just first rate and never mess with me. I have established a very good reputation with them over the years since I tell the condition of my cars honestly and disclose everything I know about the vehicle to them and so whenever I have a vehicle to sell they alert their friends to what is available and I usually get them sold for good prices and never a problem. Most of the guys I deal with are farmers who want a mopar project to take on in the winter when there is little else they can do. Most of them turn out show quality as well.

Seeing the quality of their glass just reaffirms their deep down values as people and their hard work ethic and there moral values as well. They love these cars as much as we do.

Maybe if I get enough interest in response to this issue, I can contact my representative and see what kind of prices we can get if there is a large interest. Much of the cost is in flying the glass to the U.S once it is reproduced. I do not really want to install used 50 year old glass in a car I am fully restoring.

On the other hand, maybe someone on this site has a source here in the U.S. that I can not find......................................??

Yes, I actually contacted them this week and they told me they have no source for that glass and they had no idea if it would ever likely become available in the future. They confirmed that they indeed have not been able to get that glass for several years now.

Last edited:
Yes, I actually contacted them this week and they told me they have no source for that glass and they had no idea if it would ever likely become available in the future. They confirmed that they indeed have not been able to get that glass for several years now.

That sucks. I am glad that have several spare windshields stashed away for my cars.

15 hundred for a windshield? Ouch. Did you ever consider buying a bigger batch, and have them shipped in a container?

15 hundred for a windshield? Ouch. Did you ever consider buying a bigger batch, and have them shipped in a container?
I am not the person who works with the guys in Finland, rather I have a contact who does all that. All he said to me was let me know how many you want and I can find out if they can provide a much better price - he said for sure though that a significant increase in orders would indeed cut the price.

I am not the person who works with the guys in Finland, rather I have a contact who does all that. All he said to me was let me know how many you want and I can find out if they can provide a much better price - he said for sure though that a significant increase in orders would indeed cut the price.
OK, let me know how many, and which ones you need, and I’ll ask the vendor directly. Surely there must be a way to ship them more economically. To ship a car in a container from CA to FI costs something like 15 to 18 hundred USD. There is a lot of room for extra parts.

OK, let me know how many, and which ones you need, and I’ll ask the vendor directly. Surely there must be a way to ship them more economically. To ship a car in a container from CA to FI costs something like 15 to 18 hundred USD. There is a lot of room for extra parts.
So do you know the vendor in Finland that reproduces the glass we need?

I also contacted a business in my area of San Bernardino County here in Southern California that told me that they would be receiving a shipment of the glass I/we are looking for in about 6 weeks. They said the glass they ordered comes from Indonesia and shipped by boat. They also claim it is top quality and available in various forms such as tinted with a blue top shade that is consistent with the glass I received from Finland. So hopefully this will all come through and there will indeed be a source. When it comes in I will go and take a look at it and report back. The person I talked with said I am the third person this year that contacted them about this specific glass and after the first two contacts they placed the order. So we will see.........................

The company I am dealing with mostly supplies classic auto glass for the 55-56 Chevrolet restoration guys but will also supply glass for other models as well. So I am hopeful of their quality.

Last edited:
So do you know the vendor in Finland that reproduces the glass we need?
No, I don’t personally know them, but their business is only 78 miles away from me, and I looked at their web-site, that they won’t be leaving for holidays until the 3rd of July. I could pay a visit there next week. It is supposed to be a small family business.

If there were orders, what would be the procedure for those of us who are on the East coast?
Would the crate be shipped to a depot on the East coast then broken down so the windshields can be shipped to individual buyers across US and Canada?

I need a windshield as well. All the vendors online are sold out. I have contacted most that I could find. They seem to buy from 1 source in CA. I have contacted them and they don't have stock. And don't know when it's coming but if its coming in they will notify me. classic-new.com Phone them and put in more order so it might be produced sooner.... Pieter

I have not worked with this company before... do your own research....

DW725 - JR Distributor International Inc.
For my 70 newport 2dr HT

Kenneth Gee
JR Distributor International
4518 Dale St.
Montclair, CA 91763
909-628-1115

If there were orders, what would be the procedure for those of us who are on the East coast?
Would the crate be shipped to a depot on the East coast then broken down so the windshields can be shipped to individual buyers across US and Canada?
I would need to talk with them in more detail about the distribution process they use since they do sell to mostly classic Chevrolet vehicle owners that are obviously spread all over the U.S. Let me see what I can find out................

I need two tinted windshields: On for my '73 Newport Navajo and one for my '70 300 convertible. I assume they are the same.

Do these windshields have modern markings, or do they look original (e.g. with the Pentastar on the glass)?

Reproductions won't have the Pentastar. I can post some pictures of the markings on the one from the invoice below soon.

And I have to say, 1500 american dollars for a simple windshield!? That's ludicrous! Granted, this was purchased nearly a decade ago, time flies! But it was in a warehouse locally, and those are Canadian dollars. This was the best glass shop in town, the owner retired and his son, the only other employee who worked there for as long as I can remember, didn't want to pick up the reins.

PXL_20230623_164839275.jpg

Back