What is the Likelihood that Reproduction Windshields Will Happen for our Fuselage Cars?

Did you get your issue resolved? (Tinted windshield and settlement on cost)
No, she just asked if I wanted to pay the $50 when I asked if I was getting a refund for the clear one. I was strapped for cash and couldn't cough up the dough.

I just received this the other day, 1969 convertible/hardtop.
vintageglass.com $495+ shipping OEM tint
Had it within three weeks.
View attachment 634578

Alan

I want to say that's the same box I got my clear windshield in. (I paid for tinted, the. They tried to get another $50 for the correct windshield I ordered!)

Looks familiar...

IMG_5115.JPEG

Last edited:
The last windsheild I got (1 year ago) was from Classic Industries via Summit. Was a screaming deal ($127IIRC) because it was the last one. Shipping wasn't too bad, either.
It arrived in a box 1/2 as thick as pictured and no wood bracing.
It had minimal expanding-foam supports, and was able to flop around in the box.

Yeah, it was cracked when we inspected it. I refused delivery and Summit gave me a hassle-free refund.

This past summer I bought one for my sons 72 wagon from Murray Park and I thought it was obscenely outrageous that I had to pay $350 for a USED windshield. if I hadn't already been out there In the area anyway for other reasons having to add 6 hours driving each way just for a windshield would have made that even more ridiculous. And you're talking $1500? No way. Id hate to say this but I can see people parting out their cars instead of paying such a ridiculous price for a piece of glass

I drive with cracked windshields, and have never had an issue visibility wise, or from the cops. I had a spare windshield for my '68 Monaco, but never looked for a gasket. Windshield went with the car when I sold it.

So between the hardtop and the sedan which version had the wing window in the front doors and which didn't

I am unable to find reproduction windshields for our cars. The only source that is available to my knowledge is obtaining them from Finland at a pop of $1500 each. I actually went that route for my 1973 Dodge Coronet Crestwood station wagon since that vehicle will command quite high prices these days and it is like new. The importer I do work with said there would be discounts for multiple purchases.

I just last week had the glass installed in the wagon and I was actually amazed it was exactly as original and fit perfectly.

Most of the many cars I have sold go to my many friends in Finland and all I can say it there is a reason Finland has been chosen as the happiest country in the world for many years in a row. Every single person I have sold to over there is just first rate and never mess with me. I have established a very good reputation with them over the years since I tell the condition of my cars honestly and disclose everything I know about the vehicle to them and so whenever I have a vehicle to sell they alert their friends to what is available and I usually get them sold for good prices and never a problem. Most of the guys I deal with are farmers who want a mopar project to take on in the winter when there is little else they can do. Most of them turn out show quality as well.

Seeing the quality of their glass just reaffirms their deep down values as people and their hard work ethic and there moral values as well. They love these cars as much as we do.

Maybe if I get enough interest in response to this issue, I can contact my representative and see what kind of prices we can get if there is a large interest. Much of the cost is in flying the glass to the U.S once it is reproduced. I do not really want to install used 50 year old glass in a car I am fully restoring.

On the other hand, maybe someone on this site has a source here in the U.S. that I can not find......................................??
just to let everyone know I purchased my new windshield for my 68 300 convertible. From Classic Auto Glass - Windshield Glass, Back Glass, Door Glass, Vent Window Glass and Quarter Window Glass - Chrysler 300, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 - Catalog Product List Page
In 2020 the year from hell- had to wait a bit but it eventually came in and had it installed with no issues. Think I paid 4 or 5 hundred dollars.

Hi Alan,
Have you installed it?
Was it the thin Indonesia glass?
Is it good quality and from a different place?
Thanks

Just installed it a couple days ago. It appears to be normal thickness, not sure where it was made.
The only comments the installer made was the top contour didn't match the header frame, they had to crowd the top corners so there would be more contact in the center. In the end we were all happy with it.

For those doing convertibles the surround trim goes on first then the window trim.
img_3741-jpeg.jpg

Alan

Just installed it a couple days ago. It appears to be normal thickness, not sure where it was made.
The only comments the installer made was the top contour didn't match the header frame, they had to crowd the top corners so there would be more contact in the center. In the end we were all happy with it.

For those doing convertibles the surround trim goes on first then the window trim.
View attachment 648606

Alan
Thanks, Alan. What does "crowd the top corners" mean? Ben

Thanks, Alan. What does "crowd the top corners" mean? Ben
The glass was installed with the top corners of the glass about 1/8" from the sheet metal, the gap along the top edge is not uniform, it goes from the 1/8 in the corner to about 3/8" in the middle.

Alan

Back