Update on Cooper 235/75-15 whitewalls.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Our favorite C-body WW from Cooper has been discontinued under the Cooper brand.
The 235/75-15 WW is now available from Cooper under the Mastercraft label, which is manufactured by Cooper.
Some distributers are still showing the the Cooper brand 235/75 WW but it may be delivered as a blackwall which is still being manufactured under the Cooper label.
Found out the hard way this week when I went to replace two of my Coopers.
Order the Mastercrafts if you want WW.
Coke fueled Millennial MBA Marketing men. Phhhhtttttt, only gawd knows their logic... :rolleyes:

Mastercraft
$_57.jpg

Cooper (Discontinued)
A66N_1_2014092941150073.jpg

Last edited:
He never left... but I did miss your daily posting and valuable input. Thanks for starting to post again.

Thanks Stan! I'm going to be needing a set for the Newport sometime this year when I start working on that car again after Carlisle.

Thanks Stan from here as well! I am putting wire hubcaps back on the Cordoba, but have been unable to secure Whitewall tires large enough. I didn't know about mastercraft.

Our favorite C-body WW from Cooper has been discontinued under the Cooper brand.

Mastercraft
$_57.JPG

Cooper (Discontinued)
Why only 2 tires Stan, too many burnouts?

Why only 2 tires Stan, too many burnouts?
I had 4 new Coopers on the NYB
A couple of years ago I did an A-Z front end rebuild so when I finished it I brought it to an alignment shop.
Well, they did a horrible job and it wore out the front two.
I have since found a very competent guy.

Not American, but the Hankook Optimo H724 is stil a whitewall in 235/75-15:

Toyo also sells a WW in 205/70x15, 205/75x15, 215/70x15, 215/75x15, 225/70x15 and 235/75x15.

XL-hero-tire-EX-AS.jpg

Extensa A/S
Passenger All-Season Tire
rating.gif

Read all 17 reviews
The Extensa A/S provides all-season performance in dry, wet, or snowy conditions for a wide range of passenger cars and minivans. A comfortable ride and extended tread life add to the value of this Toyo tire.

I had the Hankooks on my old Fifth Avenue and that car rode like a dream and barely any noise with those tires.

The 235/75-15 WW is now available from Cooper under the Mastercraft label, which is manufactured by Cooper.
Some distributers are still showing the the Cooper brand 235/75 WW but it may be delivered as a blackwall which is still being manufactured under the Cooper label.
Order the Mastercrafts if you want WW.
Coke fueled Millennial MBA Marketing men. Phhhhtttttt, only gawd knows their logic... :rolleyes:

Mastercraft
$_57.JPG

Cooper (Discontinued)
Thank you so much for this TIMELY posting! I've been web-shopping a pair of rubbers for Mathilda's front, and had just about settled for 205/65R15 Michelin Defenders, on the basis of their availability and price @ Sears. NOW I'll look for these Mastercrafts as an alternative, as I'm pretty happy w my 235/60s on the front, and hate giving up an inch of width. How well do Michelin's rubbers do on these Mopar land-yachts anyway? I've had good luck w them long ago on adolescent sized Fords, but wonder if Cooper makes a better tire for my family ride....

Again, thanx Stan!

Not American, but the Hankook Optimo H724 is stil a whitewall in 235/75-15:

getimage.aspx
Thanx 4 plugging this tire too! I've been seeing it pop up plenty as I search for some good rubber for Mathilda's ('66 Newport 2dr) front. I'm not so much concerned w WW as I am just w good rubber for a good ride for a good price.

Toyo also sells a WW in 205/70x15, 205/75x15, 215/70x15, 215/75x15, 225/70x15 and 235/75x15.

XL-hero-tire-EX-AS.jpg

Extensa A/S
Passenger All-Season Tire
rating.gif

Read all 17 reviews
The Extensa A/S provides all-season performance in dry, wet, or snowy conditions for a wide range of passenger cars and minivans. A comfortable ride and extended tread life add to the value of this Toyo tire.

I did some research into these. This is the model tire that Diamondback uses for their "Diamondback II" series. Basically, they take this tire straight from the MFR and put new sidewalls on it, whitewall (whatever width you want), smooth blackwall, etc. They make it a "smooth" sidewall essentially which looks a lot better without all the lettering and texture that's on them as stock.
Toyos are apparently made in Georgia and they have a 620 AB rating which is excellent.
Coopers are 440 AB, also good. Not sure where those are made.

Ridiculously expensive for what might be called a resto-mod tire. What they do is not that important to me. Money better saved in my case as my tires would be lucky to see 20,000 miles in 10 years.

Getting harder and harder to find that size tire with a WW.

Getting harder and harder to find that size tire with a WW.
Desparately need a repro Road Wheel in 17" size.

Interesting to note that when I bought my 2005 Corvette, it's "monstrous" 19" wheels were considered outrageous.
My new Lincoln, of all cars, came with 19" wheels as standard.
Goes to show ya....

Back