Upper control arm bumper

66furys

Reaction score
Both of mine are gone, and a quick look has not helped. Anyone replace the uppers, and if so, how. I assume they have a bolt out the bottom of the rubber with a nut below.....but have not figured out where what or when yet. thanks

Per the 1966 Chrysler Parts Book (free download at www.mymopar.com), 1825314 for A,B,C,Y cars. The normal peaked-cone shape with a stud sticking out the other end, with a nut. Orients "sticking up" on all except the Imperials, where it "sticks down". Lower control arm bumper is 2269218 and C-body only.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

They were used on a bunch of cars, a lot of years and models. Usually shot and the metal piece the rubber was vulcanized to is all that's left. Even though it was vulcanized, the rubber did not live long and prosper.

Rock Auto has them, under $10.

the back of it should have a square boss like a carriage bolt to keep it from spinning when trying to get the locknut on and off...some of the cheaper ones out there may not have it...

As I was finishing up the ball joint and the new shock, I finally found the upper bumper under the load of mud and grime. And yes, I also found the square nut on the bottom....and thankfully not too bad to replace. Thanks for pointers....appreciate the leaning curve.

Back