Used Car Prices

Pictures. . . Or it didn't happen. . .
p5NxHFP.jpg

Ended up buying the 2019 Edge. It checked all the boxes and the price was right without a lot of dickering. Remaining factory warranties of bumper to bumper until February of next year and powertrain until February of 2024.

My Mercury really didn't fit in the deal though... So we're going to sell that ourselves. Anyone looking for a really nice Grand Marquis?
You know I'd love a nice Grand Marquis, but a nice rust free NY car is an entirely different definition than a nice rust free FL car... within a year the evils that don't seem too bad up there become the beginning of the end down here thanks to heat and humidity.

My sister has one of those as a company car. I hit my head off the passenger side window. That may be more my sister's fault than the car. Nice color John

You know I'd love a nice Grand Marquis, but a nice rust free NY car is an entirely different definition than a nice rust free FL car... within a year the evils that don't seem too bad up there become the beginning of the end down here thanks to heat and humidity.
Sold it a day and a half after listing it on Facebook marketplace. Got a cash offer, Benjamins on the hood, $300 more than my lowest, so it's sold.

I'm gonna miss that car...

Another example of how prices are good: I sold my 2005 Magnum R/T yesterday for the same amount I paid for it 6 1/2 years ago and 60,000 miles ago. Nice having a free car to drive for 6 years! :icon_fU:

Another example of how prices are good: I sold my 2005 Magnum R/T yesterday for the same amount I paid for it 6 1/2 years ago and 60,000 miles ago. Nice having a free car to drive for 6 years! :icon_fU:

That's awesome. **** like that makes me want to jump on the wagon and sell something before the bubble pops.

The Magnum has a niche market as you know. Their prices are going up regardless but not that much.

The Magnum has a niche market as you know. Their prices are going up regardless but not that much.

It is a weird market for those cars. I don't hate them but I'm also not looking for one. My cousin just got a wrecked V6 car (his business) and sold the damn thing before he finished hanging new parts on the front. He had the car for less than a week and it hadn't even been advertised, just moved around the shop for a few days. The guy that bought it took it without paint and didn't haggle because he knew other people had been stopping by looking at it.

In my experience the V6 model is a much different machine. I was seriously in the market for one in 2008/09. I test drove a few of both varieties all used. The V8 was different in every aspect, ride, handling, and obviously power.
It Was when a Jersey dealer used me to sell a new Blue 08 RT to another customer as I waited for him in the showroom I stopped looking and stayed with a pick up.

I've always loved wagons so the Magnum was an easy choice for modern technology in a wagon. I miss it already.

Back