Vacuum lines behind dash , 61 Newport .

Bucket

Reaction score
I have the engine out of the Newport at the moment so seeing as it is easy to check things out in the engine bay i thought i would check all the wiring .
There is what appears to be a vacuum line that is running with the wiring loom to the right hand side of the engine , alternator , dizzy and such.
It only runs about half the length of the loom and has a metal joiner as if another piece of line joins to it .
I have traced this back through the firewall and up to something high behind the dash .
I can't get my head up in there to have a look with the seats still in .
Would anyone know what this line could be ?
There seems to be a group of vacuum lines all in the same area .
I have the FSM but can't see anything in there .
The car was running fine without this line connected to anything .

Likely the vacuum source for the heater? Most dampers in the heater box are vacuum operated and the vacuum comes from top rear of intake manifold through the heater/AC control switch to reposition dampers for various modes of ops.

Thanks for that.
Someone has put cross ram intakes on this car at sometime .
If i decide to hook the heater back up where would be a good port for vacuum on the intake ?

There is a hole for a vacuum fitting it the rear of the rams. Do you have power brakes? Where are they connected?

1D072173-4908-450E-AF69-E97F3480C54F.jpeg

Yes i do have power brakes and they are connected where the circle is at the rear of your photo .
I will run a tee or something in that port .
Cheers,
Greg

Back