Valley pan

frankiln

Reaction score
I ordered a new valley pan. It came with the center port hole not cut out, did I just get a wrong one , or do I cut the hole myself.

IMG_1075.jpeg

I ordered a new valley pan. It came with the center port hole not cut out, did I just get a wrong one , or do I cut the hole myself.

View attachment 612147
Heat riser passageway is blocked off. If your heat riser is operational and you need it, you could open the ports on both sides.

Does your carb have an electric choke on it? The normal Chrysler divorced choke? How cold does it usually get in the winter time? Is the car used regularly? Carb on it?

If you don't want to return the existing valley pan gasket and feel you need the passage to be open, then . . .

Drill one large hole ihe middle. Drill one hole immediately on top of and below the center hole. Use your drill bit to make it all one oblong hole. Repeat on the other side.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I had to replace my intake , iam going with a eldelbrock and also the carb is a eldelbrock,I know my new intake has a hole there , don’t know anything about heat riser. my stock stuff was ruined because of sitting in a barn with rats. Is heat riser only with stock intake.

I live in Georgia, and yes it’s electric choke.
I would use the gasket as is with the passage blocked. If you are going with a Edelbrock intake it shouldn't have a open passage there. Double check to make sure. If you have stock exhaust manifolds hopefully the heat riser valve on the passenger manifold is stuck open or has been removed. That heat is only needed during warm up and isn't really used in southern climates and with a electric choke. It will also help with fuel percolation and evaporation.

Iam putting headers on it , so I think iam just going to use one like the pic. I have to order a new valley pan, I cut holes in the one in the pic . I didn’t like they way it came out , so I just ordered another one. Thanks for the info guys. Learn something new every time .

Iam putting headers on it , so I think iam just going to use one like the pic. I have to order a new valley pan, I cut holes in the one in the pic . I didn’t like they way it came out , so I just ordered another one. Thanks for the info guys. Learn something new every time .
With your new combination you are on the right track.

what is the brand and part number of that gasket set please. I can't seem to locate one like that....
thanks

Back