Valve cover gaskets

mrzods13

Reaction score
I have Mr gasket ultra seals I bought, but they don't have the tabs on them, are the tabs really needed? Also wanted to know if anyone had any problems with the ultra seals.

I don't remember the name but mine were black in color and for high temp. use. Also buy a can of spray trim adhesive to spray on cleaned valve cover edge and on vale cover side of gasket, let them get somewhat tackey and put together. Let them sit flat for 15 min. then carefully reassemble.

Like Pete says ...... glue/seal your gaskets to the valve cover side only. Never overtighten the hold down bolts/nuts. 20-25 LBS max. It helps to be sure the valve cover mount flange is clean and flat.

Me, I use those 3oz. tubez of black gorilla snot that they sell at every mopar partz counter and every factory trained wrench usez on the entire planet and not because they get it free. Hope Mother never stopz selling that stuff...Part #05010884AA BTW If their anybody needz it, Jer

Like Pete says ...... glue/seal your gaskets to the valve cover side only. Never overtighten the hold down bolts/nuts. 20-25 LBS max. It helps to be sure the valve cover mount flange is clean and flat.

What! I was just looking in the manual yesterday, for mine, and the torque value is 40 in/lbs.

Go buy a tube of 3M super trim adhesive glue gasket to vc place on flat surface with some weight on them overnight put them on.

"Go buy a tube of 3M super trim adhesive glue gasket to vc place on flat surface with some weight on them overnight put them on."

This is what I use too - but they are ready to install in about 10 minutes. Glue them to the cover, and as long as you don't overtighten the bolts you can use them forever. My record is 8 years with seasonal valve adjustments on one set of cork valve cover gaskets - no leaks...lol.

Back