Valve cover sealant

monaco75

Reaction score
I know this was brought up many times before. But ofcoarse can't find it...

What was that stuff you guys were using to seal valve cover gaskets on a 440? Engine pookey???

Can someone send me a link?

Had no success with rtv. Those exhaust manifolds cook the stuff to nothing, then start leaking again in a couple days.

I know this was brought up many times before. But ofcoarse can't find it...

What was that stuff you guys were using to seal valve cover gaskets on a 440? Engine pookey???

Can someone send me a link?

Had no success with rtv. Those exhaust manifolds cook the stuff to nothing, then start leaking again in a couple days.

This is the only product to use, don't let the price scare you,

The Right Stuff® - Permatex

The Right Stuff® Gasket Makers Archives - Permatex

You're Welcome

I use the ultra series but I also glue them to my valve cover with 3M trim adhesive then RTV on gasket to head surface.

Love this stuff. I don't use it as a gasket replacement. I use it as pookie added to a gasket. Hard to find in stores so I get it on, where else of course, Amazon.

8be3760d-b490-4574-aca0-a11e3daac1fe_1.3a69f086532ba3ce5343d4b6026775d2.jpg

Steel core / nylon exterior gaskets with Ultra Grey RTV. This formula has never failed me, on ANY car, EVER. I also use them on transmission pans.

Real Gasket co. in Tennessee. Goez on dry, torq to their spec and done. Rocker Coverz AND Trans. Panz. They supply the Air Line Industry too if that sayz anything for their products, Jer

I use the ultra series but I also glue them to my valve cover with 3M trim adhesive then RTV on gasket to head surface.

Lots of suggestions on here but this method works for me. Thin coat of RTV so the valve covers can be pulled off when needed. Then another skim coat to reseal.
I will also vouch for Permatex's "The Right Stuff". This shite is really the best. It comes in a big can that dispenses a clean bead of your liking and is marketed to the pros.

Zac, i always use Felpro Hi-Perf, Hi-Temp, Rubber coated fiber valve cover gaskets. Part number VS50145R. AAP has them for $15.39 A set. I use A thin bead of 3M trim adhesive (yellow snot) and then rest the valve cover on top of the gasket overnight. The gasket will stay on the valve cover and then just set it on the head the next day. I never had one leak. Ever.

Back