Van helsing new member intro

Hey Terry ....... Maybe we could ship some to you through borderlinx in Dayton...... Ya think ...? :poke:

AAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGggggggggggggHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ............................. don't get me started on them brain dead idiots at Borderlinx Will !!! LOL

I wouldn't ship a horse's rectum through 'em Will, let alone a jar of Horseradish !!! LOL

Bulldog, I've got pictures on my computer to post up of my ' 59 Dodge providing I can work out how to upload and send ?

I'll have a go at it when I get home from work this arvo..................

Cheers,

Terry.

Cool Terry .. now we need another Pin in the map

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=864419

c body map.jpg

c body map.jpg

I've tried Horsey Sauce...... ick......strip me naked and paste me all over with vegemite and lay me in an ants nest, its preferable.

I've tried Horsey Sauce...... ick......strip me naked and paste me all over with vegemite and lay me in an ants nest, its preferable.

Horsey Sauce ????.............. You're not talkin' about that disgusting episode on Jackass ????????????

....... Me again.....

After the talk of Horseradish sauce I tried to find some here in our local supermarket, closest thing I could find was called " Horseradish Cream " made by an Australian company but I left it there because if it's an American thing our version ain't gunna cut it.

I live in a one horse town down here so not a lot of supermarket choices to look through for " the real thing "

I'm heading on a 3 week vacation soon to Melbourne so better supermarket choices there might get me some Horsey stuff ???

Terry.

LOL its not that great don't worry about it. And the laws for cars here in the states can be... minimal to say the least. While I was in Oklahoma we had a guy driving his Camaro around for more than a month with no front clip on it. Your car was smog exempt in Cali so I don't know what kind of inspection is required. Here in Michigan we don't have inspections. But we have the worst insurance laws in the country(I belive) and salted roads in the winter. I've always wanted to visit Oz...

LOL its not that great don't worry about it. And the laws for cars here in the states can be... minimal to say the least. While I was in Oklahoma we had a guy driving his Camaro around for more than a month with no front clip on it. Your car was smog exempt in Cali so I don't know what kind of inspection is required. Here in Michigan we don't have inspections. But we have the worst insurance laws in the country(I belive) and salted roads in the winter. I've always wanted to visit Oz...

Come on over Goobak, we can " chuck a shrimp on tha barbie for ya " ....... so Paul Hogan said in those '80's " visit Australia " ads on TV they had over there. Actually we call them " prawns "down here ,........................... " shrimps " are fresh water VERY small Prawn's to us here.........

Roadworthiness............. a lot of fellas that import cars to here from the US find that even though they were running/driving legally on road cars there, when they arrive here there is A LOT of work to get them up to an acceptable roadworthy condition for on road use here.

I do think our laws for road worthiness in most states are somewhat anal regarding some laws but most are there for good reason.

With my 59 Dodge, I have some smog emission testing reports here with some of the paperwork I received with the car and it passed all those tests, what the " test " involved I don't know, nor how it could pass Californian testing as I was under the assumption that California had pretty much the most stringent emission controls in the world.

Maybe like you said, my Dodge was exempt though it didn't say that on the emissions report.

Insurance ??............... I just " registered " my XR8 V8 Ford Foulcan " Sprint " ( Australian built performance Car ) here and the insurance to cover personal injuries to anyone in this car and anone it may hit in an accident was just short of $600 annual , then the on road cost for one year was nearly $500, so my annual cost is just short of $1000 to drive this car legally on the raod here in my state.

Then there is insurance to cover the cost of damage to my car ( not compulsory but you'd be stupid to not have it here ) , and anyone elses car and 20 million in property damage .......... about $800 or so.

Not sure what the costs are to drive cars in the US, would like to know as a comparison ??

Cheers,

Terry.

Michigan has whats known as No-Fault insurance... basically your insurance pays for your car, regardless of whos at fault. So its much more expensive than most of the rest of the USofA, but I pay around 175 a month(2100 A YEAR) for my 04 deville, and that only covers personal loss and personal damage. No collision. To register it for a year is $176. But when I was in Oklahoma, I insured a 1955 Pontiac Star Chief for a mere $70 a month, including collision with a $500 deductible. As far as crazy laws for cars, new England (Maine, Rhode Island, Conneticut)is pretty hardcore. A friend of mine from maine failed his inspection because his glovebox light was out. Maybe cars from that area would be closer to legal in Oz... Where does the Oz thing come from? Just wondering

Michigan has whats known as No-Fault insurance... basically your insurance pays for your car, regardless of whos at fault. So its much more expensive than most of the rest of the USofA, but I pay around 175 a month(2100 A YEAR) for my 04 deville, and that only covers personal loss and personal damage. No collision. To register it for a year is $176. But when I was in Oklahoma, I insured a 1955 Pontiac Star Chief for a mere $70 a month, including collision with a $500 deductible. As far as crazy laws for cars, new England (Maine, Rhode Island, Conneticut)is pretty hardcore. A friend of mine from maine failed his inspection because his glovebox light was out. Maybe cars from that area would be closer to legal in Oz... Where does the Oz thing come from? Just wondering

Sounds like your Michigan on road and personal/other person injury liability costs seem to add up to around the same figure as mine here.

I've been driving for 32 years here and never had an accident so my " no at fault claim " bonus helps me with the insurance costings side of it, those here with a bad history of claims get hit hard in the hip pocket along with drivers under the age of 25 years.

Our so called " road safety inspections " can be pedantic depending on the inspector and his mood on the day. I've heard of similar type stupid excuses for not passing a car for roadworthy like your glovebox light one................

Just 2 weeks ago a Jap Ricer grocery getter car my wife drives ( Honda ) was not passed because of a slight amount of wear on the edge of the brake pedal rubber and I had to go order a new one and get it re-inspected......... stupid sh#t like that really pi$$es me off big time !!

The " OZ " thing comes from us referring ourselves as " Aussies " , which is actually said more like " Auzzies " or really more so like " Ozzies " so it eventually slangs/shortens itself down to " OZ " when we talk about being here .

We have lots of slang type sayings here that would leave you guys scratching your heads wondering what we were saying?

On the other side you guys have some sayings that I have no idea what you are saying.

All retrospective I guess ??

I hear you on the slang... accents don't help im sure lol. being from Michigan I don't have one so...

Honestly I think yall have the most fun with your cars. when tubbing it makes it non-street-legal, you might as well go nuts. like 1200 hp 4 doors nuts. so much better than here where everyone seems to be happy in their 69 Camaro. Or "numbers matching". That your 1962 max wedge car is all original is cool. not so much with your 74 nova with the original 350 small block lol. Also, I understand that turbos are cool because ridiculous HP is cool. But a blower is ALWAYS COOL. Even on a 1975 jaguar(draguar) XJS that runs deep 15s.

In the USA we have specialty insurance companys that offer stated value policys on collector cars that make owning and driving them much more affordable. There are some restrictions involved. A regularly insured daily driver is required as well as a secure storage facility. But a stated value policy for .... say .... 15K is about $130.00 annually and icludes no deductable,

Here in Alabama YOM, (year of manufacturer), license plates can be rgestered to a collector vehicle, (20 years old), for a one time fee of $20.00. We also do not have a inspection policy.

The 55 Pontiac WAS my daily driver, and the only car I owned, so no collector car insurance for me

In the USA we have specialty insurance companys that offer stated value policys on collector cars that make owning and driving them much more affordable. There are some restrictions involved. A regularly insured daily driver is required as well as a secure storage facility. But a stated value policy for .... say .... 15K is about $130.00 annually and icludes no deductable,

Here in Alabama YOM, (year of manufacturer), license plates can be rgestered to a collector vehicle, (20 years old), for a one time fee of $20.00. We also do not have a inspection policy.

... That's interesting Will, in my state here in OZ ( Australia ) we have what is called Heritage registration which is usually about 1/3rd the cost of daily driver registration. The compulsory insurance to cover injuries to the driver/passengers/other car passengers is usually about the same 1/3rd reduction.

At present Heritage registered cars have a rolling 30 year qualifying period so, for example, in 2014, a car built in 1984 or below can apply for Heritage registration. However the owner must be a registered club member and the club must be recognised by the registration authorities.

Another catch is that although there is no restriction as to how many times the car is driven, the owner has to contact the club registrar for a " permit to move " and show just cause for the car to be driven on whatever occasion. For example, to attend a club run to a car show would be just cause but a drive to attend work or get the groceries or pick up the kids from school or similar what not be approved.

There is talk of a 90 day log book system but like all governments around the world their is much talk with no action.A 90 day logbook system would be much more convenient and less restrictive.

Even though our cars are on heritage registration they still have to pass an annual safety test just like any year/model daily driver car would have to.This includes a brake test which isn't really fair to ask for vintage cars to have a braking efficiency of a modern car. Most inspectors are aware of this and usually fudge the brake figures by using a modern car for the brake test.

Hope our state authorities aren't reading this, if they are, I live in Russia OK !!! LOL

Back