For Sale Very Rare and Desirable

Status
Not open for further replies.
z2wd4.jpg

35alwzq.jpg

28ink9c.jpg

The catering to Funny Cars was the end of drag racing for me.
To win me back you have to return to showroom cars running in A/S class

I agree, never was impressed by funny cars, or pro stocks for that matter. They kind of killed the gassers...... which were really something to watch.
A/S, SS/A, SS/AA, A/GAS, A/FX ......... real race cars.

I recently met and had a chance to talk with Forest petcock. Retired Chrysler engineer and engine builder/tuner for the "Golden Commandos", the "Miss Chrysler" gold cup boat and the "Golden Rod" salt flat racer. Now he's a real pioneer.

I seriously doubt the 13k mileage from the pics, and the repaint is pretty sloppy in the not so visible Areas like door locks, a-pillars, condition of steering wheel etc.
Still nice and desirable but not super-Special compared to other 300 C`s.

Agree that condition of steering wheel calls for a renewed one, but that also says no one has really tried to restore the car either, suggesting it is an all original car. And the painted door striker and lower wedge is factory correct. If the A pillar was repainted, they did an really good job at avoiding the VIN tag as best I can blow up the photo.
An original car like that is much more valuable than a restored one usually as long as it has been well maintained over the years. Even the leather looks like it could be original with the small cracks in it given the age of it. Rarely does leather stand up that well for so many years without good care and little use.
I don't see how you can say it isn't super special compared to other 300Cs when it is probably the lowest mileage one on the planet, is well maintained and even has factory a/c? How does it get more special than that?

Just my personal Impression that to me it seems like a pretty well cared for 113k fair weather/good climate car. Too many Areas like the seats or the pushbutton gear control area that Show a bit more wear than to expect. Still possible. It should be documented beyond doubt to Claim this mileage by the seller. "Believed to be correct, the odometer shows just 13,254 miles since delivery" is not suffice in this Price class IMHO and leaves a back door for the seller.
And again to me an original paint car even with visible flaws is way more Special than a repainted one.

Wow....funny stuff. Man, were cars slow back when they still had "gassers", and my new minivan would run with a stock c-body anything. Even my grandfather went from 300's to musclecars in the 70's. I'll leave the fuzzy-dice and poodle skirts to you guys.

...even has factory a/c?

My brother had a "C" in the 80s-90s, plus a fairly complete C parts car. Both cars had a/c. I've always thought it was pretty much standard on the 300 letter cars but maybe not? I briefly owned my brother's C when he was selling it in the 90s but I then had second thoughts about the $2500 (?) price, and he then sold it to some other (lucky) person.

... an original paint car even with visible flaws is way more Special than a repainted one.

I agree. To me original paint generally wins over a repaint unless the original is pretty far gone. But then again, I don't really want a show piece I can't drive anywhere, being worried someone will ding the paint. Well, I do and I don't want a show piece. Such a conundrum.

Just my personal Impression that to me it seems like a pretty well cared for 113k fair weather/good climate car. Too many Areas like the seats or the pushbutton gear control area that Show a bit more wear than to expect. Still possible. It should be documented beyond doubt to Claim this mileage by the seller. "Believed to be correct, the odometer shows just 13,254 miles since delivery" is not suffice in this Price class IMHO and leaves a back door for the seller.
And again to me an original paint car even with visible flaws is way more Special than a repainted one.

I agree that an original paint car trumps a repainted one, but given that it was repainted in this case still leaves the car pretty special to me at least. I actually have a 1957 Chrysler 300C that had 116K miles on it when I bought it and set out to restore it, and it had the best of care through the years when I got it some 30 years ago. I can assure you that those seats are not well cared for 113K mile originals since mine were well worn despite knowing that the previous owner took meticulous care of the car. And the push button shifter assembly looks like new to me on this care for sale, and a far cry from what mine looked like before I did the restoration. All I can say is that I know these cars well since I painstakingly did the restoration on mine by myself and went through every detail. At least the seller seems to know the history of the car and has a plausible explanation of the history to explain the low miles. Here is a photo of the one I restored. And it probably isn't as perfectly correct as that car in terms of how the factory did it, although I did redo mine with corbin clamps, not the screw clamps on that car for some of the hoses,etc.300C #1.jpg300C #2.jpg300C #3.jpg

300C #1.jpg

300C #2.jpg

300C #3.jpg

I give you credit for having first hand experience with These cars obviously, which dissipate my doubts to some degree. I do have quite a few low mileage cars but of completely different origin and with interiors of different, probably less ageing materials.

I believe the car is as original as claimed. But even if it does have another 100K on it, it's still worth the price.

Man ....... your C is beautiful. You should be proud. And doing the work yourself just adds to the admireation.
I've got a 61 G located but am going hot and cold on weather I want to tackle it. My focus is elseware right now.

bluefury361;204284[COLOR=#0000cd said:
I've got a 61 G located but am going hot and cold on weather I want to tackle it. My focus is elseware right now.[/COLOR]

One of the toughest aspects of restoring one of these letter cars at this time is the availability of Gary Goers to provide so many of the small parts that restoring one of these cars will need. He was special to me in helping me restore mine, but now his health is in a recovery mode and the future supply of his restoration parts is unknown. I really hope he recovers fully as he is very valuable to the hobby and is a great guy besides. He personally helped me do the body work on this car when I took it down to his shop (when it was in Southern California rather than Kalispell, MT) so he could show me how to do it. Few left like him............... So restoring a G is better suited to doing it sooner rather than later. They are not as hard to do as the C though, so that would be in your favor.

Steve

Wow....funny stuff. Man, were cars slow back when they still had "gassers", and my new minivan would run with a stock c-body anything. Even my grandfather went from 300's to musclecars in the 70's. I'll leave the fuzzy-dice and poodle skirts to you guys.
Careful.
I'm serious...
You just poked your nose through the door only recently and you haven't a clue about the background of many of us.
None of us have fuzzy dice nor do our SOs wear poodle skirts.
Do you pop your hood at car shows???
Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Who's Don Carlton?

WHAT? second or third best 4 spd driver ever, killed in a Dodge Colt because of the NHRAs stupid factoring. Fact, Hemis rule no matter how much you outlaw them creating small block pro stocks, thanks Grump that's exciting, but of course mopar shows up to play kicks *** Bob Glidden and the 340 ply arrow. Then all of a sudden Uncle Sam hands the NHRA a gift by destroying all BB/ Hemi factory tooling outlawing them as "not produced by factory" thus handing Ford and GM a ten year run in Pro Stock, until the Koffels/Wayne county showed up and dominated pro stock again only to be pushed out again. MOPAR rules everything else blows!
Sorry about the rant I'm counting to 10 as you read this.
One of my holy grail cars though

Careful.
I'm serious...
You just poked your nose through the door only recently and you haven't a clue about the background of many of us.
None of us have fuzzy dice nor do our SOs wear poodle skirts.
Do you pop your hood at car shows???
well said stan.[ probably has a boom box in the trunk].

A guy had a '57 300-C in a car port locally,this was in 1983,it was Parade Green.My buddy lived close so we stopped by on our way to tech school one day to ask about it.We rolled in in his green '69 Satellite,so the guy gave us some Mopar credit and told us about the car. We didn't realize it was a 300 until we got close,or the rarity of the car for that matter. It did go up for sale,looked like the wife got it in a divorce or something.I could have traded my Fiberglass bodied '73 CJ5 for it as her son liked the Jeep! I didn't as I needed a driver and it wasn't at the time.I do regret that one.Anyone else ever see a Parade Green one? I've seen many in white,black and red,and a couple in tan at Hershey and other shows/auctions,no other green ones in person though.
RT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back