Vintage Chrysler Corp dealership pics

No there was no date & location stamp. Sometimes they do. You can check with DMV & Chamber of Comerce of those two cities & see if they are still in business or if anyone is in business in that address

Capital Chrysler

This is an old one. He's a businessman cause he has a Ford, Chevy & Plymouth sitting right out front. Surely you'll like one of em he's thinking.

vc3.jpg

No, I have given a half hearted attempt at finding information on two now defunct dealerships. One is Triangle Motors in McMinnville Oregon and the other Suburban Dodge in Duncansville PA

The only thing I saw was that Triangle was an IH dealer in 61-62 as well.

No there was no date & location stamp. Sometimes they do. You can check with DMV & Chamber of Comerce of those two cities & see if they are still in business or if anyone is in business in that address

I can tell you neither one is still in business....

061.jpg034.jpgWhat a great thread. Here is my contribution. Beckman Motor Co. Inc. Mt. Oliver PA. (a small boro completely surrounded by the city of Pittsburgh) Established in 1914 and still in business today although they lost the Chrysler franchise in 2008 when Ma Mopar stuck it to the small family owned dealers. This is where my love of Mopars in general and Furys in particular started. I was with my dad in 1971 when he bought his 68 Fury 4 door sedan, I was 8 and very impressionable. My fury did not come from here but I took this pic last year at their 100 year anniversary celebration car cruise. If you look at the right side of the marquee you can see where Chrysler Corp. covered the pentastar. They wanted to take the entire sign down but the Beckman family demanded they replace if they did, so they just covered it.

061.jpg

034.jpg

Not OK used cars

Chevie had signs saying OK used cars. Chrysler-Plymouth had Top Quality used cars.

image.jpg

This is an old one. He's a businessman cause he has a Ford, Chevy & Plymouth sitting right out front. Surely you'll like one of em he's thinking.

Judging by the size of the dealership, I'm guessing that's the used car lot.

Judging by the size of the dealership, I'm guessing that's the used car lot.

Dont be so sure. Here in Raleigh, NC. Way back about 1972 or so. The first Toyota dealership was an Exxon gas station. He kept a about 3-5 shiny new Toyotas. And now we have 3 mega Toyota stores. That original dealer went on to be our Mayor in the early 80's after he got big $$$ for selling the Toyota franchise to a dealership chain

I wonder if thats old man Kelly in the back wondering. "are you looking at my daughters or the car"

Back