Vinyl Top Material supplier?

I knew going in with Newstalgia that the levant grain was "incorrect" for Frankie.
If the top was junk,my installer would have refused to put it on.
It laid down very well and the seams are straight.
The car is a really nice driver that shows well.
The general public at cruise nights will not notice the difference in the grain and nor do I care.

On the other hand,The BoaB is an award winning car and I made sure it had the correct vinyl top for it.

Most cars were not e-coated above the beltline in those days. And just a prime coat is not a sealant. Vinyl top material breaks down and allows moisture underneath. The lack of e-coat results in all the surface rust often seen underside of roof .

PXL_20210130_222540151.jpg

PXL_20210130_222511051.jpg

PXL_20210130_222521680.jpg

Very rough sanding on the roof under the vinyl top.

That pattern looks like the glue they sprayed on just before laying the vinyl down. The glue came out of air guns just like Silly String, if you remember that stuff.

I have a white Legendary top in a box that came with the Fury but it is for a formal roofline (concave rear window) not the sportsroof.
Yes it has the correct boar grain too.
Compared to the Newstgalia top, I found no difference in thickness or backing.
It is for sale-make an offer PM me lol.

I now have samples coming from Legendary, Newstalgia, and TopsOnline. I'll report back on the differences.
Hi Richard, can you please let me know your findings and your thoughts on how Newstalgia compared to TopsOnLine. I see on their websites both reference Haartz thank you.

Back