MERNJ

Reaction score
Contact seller
For my 1967 Imperial looking for:
part #2857 486

838-382

Switch, BU light/park brake release

image.jpg

I’m not sure if I have any working units but I have repaired these successfully and I do have a few in unknown working condition that I could test.

Yes I would be interested in used ones that are in working order with the lever intact

Yes I would be interested in used ones that are in working order with the lever intact
Is that what’s wrong with yours? The lever is broken off?

Lever was there, one of the leads got hot enough that the rivet that secured it started to melt into the plastic preventing contact
Hoping to secure a workable one from you?

Let me see what I have this morning.

I had a decent core on the shelf that I disassembled and got working this morning. These are $175 in working order but still a 53 year old part with no guarantee how long it’ll last being put back into the same system notorious for eating them. I’d highly suggest wiring a relay into this system to take the load off of this switch.
43F98E3A-1BBD-402C-A241-3417E08FB05B.jpeg
8DE512B4-D1F8-4EC7-8285-D45533C8E358.jpeg

Yikes. Are you confident the vacuum component is good?
I don’t really think anything on the vacuum side would fail unless that black rubber dried up but the one in the switch I just got working is in excellent condition. Post some pics of yours, if it doesn’t look too bad I’d give you $25 for it. You pay shipping on the good one and I’ll cover shipping on your core.

E221AA88-0B90-4FE6-A69A-D2EBE6096112.jpeg

I think I will probably keep mine. Can you do any better on the price?

Thank you so much for your consideration.

Getting back to your relay idea, can you please provide an example of a what type relay you would use for this application.

I think I will probably keep mine. Can you do any better on the price?

Thank you so much for your consideration.
No worries, it doesn’t hurt to ask. I have 2 of these cars and I most certainly will always have at least one and if I had one fail and needed to buy one from Murray Park I would be paying $175. I also know for a fact that he doesn’t even have a good one available at the moment.
I would be happy to walk you through trying to fix yours if the meltdown wasn’t too severe. You could also keep looking, maybe scan the derby groups on FB to see if you could grab one from one of those guys but you’d be gambling on wether it was good or not.

I'll take it. Please provide how and where to pay. Can send check or use paypal?
Would appreciate if you could walk me through hooking up relay. Would I use something like this?

View attachment 446433
30 Amp Automotive Relay with Mounting Tab
Ok, thanks.
Now about that relay. As proficient as I’ve gotten with these cars automotive electrical is not my strongest suit. I’ve bought a relay kit from a guy name Rob Yule and I probably would hit him up for this too and probably will. His email is robule1@yahoo.com .
I do use PayPal, I’ll send you a message and we can go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back