WANTED: pics of 69 chrylser 300 convertibles. Dead or Alive!

Heres a few more. The red one with the white top in the first photo was at the Mopar Nationals in 1992. The same car appears again in three photos at the 94 Mopar Nationals when it was the Giveaway car for the show. As I recall, the organizers plans fell through for whatever giveaway car they had in mind. The red 300 vert was obtained at the last minute from a relative of one of the organizers so there would be a car to give away for the drawing at the end of the show. The two grainy pictures (2n'd and 3rd photos) I took in the car corral at Fall Carlisle in about 1984 or so. The red one with white interior and the top down parked between a Superbird and a red 67 Polara convertible was at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus, Ohio some time in the 90's. The last one is a 70 I photographed at the Chrysler show at Carlisle. Its not a 69, but doesn't it look good in that dark silver color? Oops...off topic again.

Thanks for your effort to scan these photo's. I am wondering where these are living now...

From AI K over on the For B Bodies Only forum...

100_4229.jpg

Well it has a b-body color :Groaner:

You still do...... it looks good, adjust the colors on your screen or put on your glasses

You still do...... it looks good, adjust the colors on your screen or put on your glasses

You mean sun glasses :glasses9:!

Back to the topic please!

Note: On this topic I accept every color car, so don't be afraid of any opinion on your car. Just post your pictures please!
:whip:

Well, here is another original copy from my personal file...

DSC01173-klein.jpg

You mean sun glasses :glasses9:!

Back to the topic please!

Note: On this topic I accept every color car, so don't be afraid of any opinion on your car. Just post your pictures please!
:whip:

Well, here is another original copy from my personal file...

THAT is nice, I like the blacked out grill....would look even better with headlight doors closed.

In your search for 300 pictures, don't forget to search the Internet Car Movie Database ICMDB. Chrysler 300s appeared in alot of movies and TV shows over the years.
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=chrysler+&model=300&page=4

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have them all! As I mentioned before in this topic I am searching for cars that are not on the internet! Besides, photo's on the internet are often of a poor quality and never never contain photo's of VIN's etc...

I am searching for cars that are not on the internet! Besides, photo's on the internet are often of a poor quality and never never contain photo's of VIN's etc...

So,... I guess that means you're checking all the various "for sale" sites on a regular basis as well. If not, you would miss cars that are either currently for sale or recently sold, such as these from Cars On Line.

http://www.carsonline-ads.com/colsite/col?use=UC3_ViewPosting&cmd=showPosting&postingID=57443
69chry57443-2.jpg

http://www.carsonline-ads.com/colsite/col?use=UC3_ViewPosting&cmd=showPosting&postingID=44587

69chry44587-1.jpg

NIce story to a great car........again, an over seas guy saves a dying whale.

Thanks.

I don't mention it at web page, but I bought and built this car for my wedding. That was also a big influence for color change. Having an exotic vin and pilot car was a surprise. Being a pilot car, I did not find a lot of oddities, but maybe few are worth mentioning:

- Car was painted two times at the factory. The paint underneath bronze was orangish (is that a real word).
- Right side quarter panel extension has different shape than left. The right extension trim was missing. A few weeks back I found used trim, but it did not fit even close. My right extension has kind of 'S' shaped profile (from above), while it seems like production cars had more like one concave curve. Its kind of difficult to explain in words.
- Inside the door, there is a metal piece that bolts in between inner and outer metal, just underneath the vent window. Bolt on with 3 bolts. On right side there was a left side piece, modified to fit to the right side.

I believe everything on car was factory original. There was absolutely no evidence that car had been tampered with. But everything is possible of course.

Back