Wanted: plastic back seat cover 69 chrysler 300 convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

69Chrysler300

Reaction score
Contact seller
I looking for the plastic back seat cover for a 69 chrysler 300 convertible.

I don't have a part no. The part is, as far as I know, not shown in any chrysler parts catalogue.

I don't mind if its broken. Please help!

Pictures are also welcome so I can make a plastic reconstruction.

Back seat Back cover 1969 Chrysler 300 - small.jpg

seatback cover

Don't know if it'll help, but part# is 2942062 and was only used on 69 Fury, Polara, and Chrysler convertables. (All C body conv. in 69) It's listed as a back of rear back cover in group 23-109-6

I had to take mine off to redo my back seat and it fell apart in my hands, i`ts so thin and brital and no one is repop them , good luck .

Don't know if it'll help, but part# is 2942062 and was only used on 69 Fury, Polara, and Chrysler convertables. (All C body conv. in 69) It's listed as a back of rear back cover in group 23-109-6

Thanks.... but I can't find it in my catalogue. Do you have a page number?

Thanks!

Back around 2003 when I did my 70 Polara ragtop mine was also in about a dozen pieces. It took a while but eventually with glue, fiberglass reinforcing and black vinyl paint it looks as good as new. My suggestion is to find a parts car. Any 69 or 70 Cbody ragtop will do. Check with DVAP or Wildcat. In the interim just make something out of fiberboard and paint it black. Good luck.

Back around 2003 when I did my 70 Polara ragtop mine was also in about a dozen pieces. It took a while but eventually with glue, fiberglass reinforcing and black vinyl paint it looks as good as new. My suggestion is to find a parts car. Any 69 or 70 Cbody ragtop will do. Check with DVAP or Wildcat. In the interim just make something out of fiberboard and paint it black. Good luck.

That's nice.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks.... but I can't find it in my catalogue. Do you have a page number?

Thanks!
Page IT-155 - last item on page - I can only find this number listed for 1969 so I don't know if a 70 will work. Part numbers are usually molded on to the part. Sometimes they're exact, sometimes they are off by one or two numbers

Still looking for a glue that actually works on vinyl. What did you use?
Can't remember what I did last week let alone 8 years ago :thinker: but my longtime favourite is the black automotive "Goop". It will stick to anything. I could be wrong but I think the piece is some kind of hard plastic and not vinyl. If memory serves the important part is the fiberglass backing to keep everthing rigid.

Can't remember what I did last week let alone 8 years ago :thinker: but my longtime favourite is the black automotive "Goop". It will stick to anything. I could be wrong but I think the piece is some kind of hard plastic and not vinyl. If memory serves the important part is the fiberglass backing to keep everthing rigid.

Sure it's hard plastic! I am still looking for one (or one in tiny pieces!) :banana on ebay:

Hi Guys abcmoparts.com now make this seat back in fibreglass and it is STRONG!! they also do bucket seat backs and lots of other hard to get stuff for 300s. Aussie Bob
This is a relatively new product from Bob Baker, and it is significantly better than the original one, although it looks virtually identical. It is thicker and stronger, and much less prone to becoming brittle. And given its relatively low demand and the relatively high tooling costs to make it, his price of around $150 is very reasonable. He makes a lot of parts for us while carrying a full time job at the same time, and his wife is a strong help with all his projects. He deserves our support, especially since he has many more parts coming that we all need. It is up to you guys to contribute to his efforts by buying his parts.

I bought seat backs and two sets of shields at Carlisle from him along with a speaker cover for the rear seat....thats a hell of a nice piece too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back