Welcome aFatGuyWithGuns to FCBO!

I just got off the phone with the seller, and he said it still has R-12 in the system, but that the compressor did stop kicking on this summer- he hasn't tried to recharge it. I'm hoping it's still R-12 in there myself. I have a local friend on his way to go see the car and look it over with a fine tooth comb before I drive 4 hours with a truck and trailer. I have a lingering feeling that if he's asking $5k it's probably got some unmentioned issues. :/
I also found out the factory radio was replaced long ago, which kinda makes me sad.

edit:

I noticed the passenger side has what looks like a small emblem on the fender, behind the wheel well. Shouldn't that be on the driver's side too?

Well, I just got feedback from my buddy who checked it out. He went out of his way to check the car out for me, and decided to go out of his way to complain about how he had to walk through 15" of snow to get to the guy's separate garage.

The feedback:

There is some rust in the trunk, of unknown origin. There are no signs of weeping anywhere near the glass or molding. Sheet metal between window and trunk is solid.

The radio is some aftermarket garbage.

The undercarriage looks like it's 50 years old, but not rusty. Brake drums look to be covered in "rust-dust." Has factory power drums.

Clean and clear title. 3rd owner. Original owner passed, son inherited, sold it to current owner.

Has aftermarket dual exhaust, which apparently sounds quite nice. Mellow tone without being obnoxious.

All trim is rust free, and holds fast, and shines like chrome should. No pitting in ANY chrome. Grille and bumpers look like they're a day old.

Paint is pretty much worn off the top of the steering column.

Interior has a small rip/crack in the dash cap on the driver's side, about 1" or less.

Driver's door armrest has some tears/cracks, pretty worn out.

All gauges work.

Car shifts nicely, and at appropriate times.

All bulbs work, blinkers blink, sockets have dielectric grease in them, not full of gummy tar.

Headlights look chrome?!??

A couple more pics... Now I'm getting a little more than excited. If the "Gold Member" logo appears next to my name on Saturday, that means I have the car. I don't even have a C-body yet, but read through the forums quite a bit before joining, and even if I never get one, you all seem like a great bunch! Now it's just a case of getting to the car before another buyer does!

Interior1.jpg
Passenger.jpg

Well it looks and sounds good, but you better make up your mind...67newport just posted the Craigslist ad from Jonesville, NC, so the cats out of the bag. The emblem you mentioned on the right front fender is the Chrysler Corp Pentastar logo, which was created in 1962 and was used until Daimler started to move away from it when they took over. A 2 story version of the logo still sits above the corporate headquarters in Auburn Hills,Mi. If you've never seen it, you should google a photo of it. It is quite impressive. I miss that damn logo.

Well it looks and sounds good, but you better make up your mind...67newport just posted the Craigslist ad from Jonesville, NC, so the cats out of the bag. The emblem you mentioned on the right front fender is the Chrysler Corp Pentastar logo, which was created in 1962 and was used until Daimler started to move away from it when they took over. A 2 story version of the logo still sits above the corporate headquarters in Auburn Hills,Mi. If you've never seen it, you should google a photo of it. It is quite impressive. I miss that damn logo.
I already made my mind up, just can't get there til the snow clears.
I also asked 67 to kill his post, so it doesn't increase the chances of it getting bought out from under me before Saturday.

I was wondering, those wheel covers look exactly like the ones on my 67 Monaco (save for the spinner center) but the wheels look to be 15".... did those covers come in 15"? Cuz, MAN I'd like to put 15" wheels on the Monaco but I really like my wheel covers!

I assumed they were. Must just be taller tires.
In the mega-rare chance that they are 15's (which I'll know on Saturday) I'll let you know. Chances are the wheels that are on it now won't stay long.

In the mega-rare chance that they are 15's (which I'll know on Saturday) I'll let you know. Chances are the wheels that are on it now won't stay long.
Thanks, man. I know there's a guy who converts 15" rims to take 14" wheel covers but it'd be nice to not have to take that step.

Good luck with er!

Back