Welcome Chrome58 to FCBO!

Chrome58

Reaction score
'58 Plymouth Belvedere 2-door hardtop
Searching for a fuselage car !

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Hi everyone, and thanks for your welcome. I didn't think that the small text I wrote while creating my account would become my first message here, so excuse me for the (very) short words ! ... So here is a longer version :)

I've been patiently restoring over the last decade a '58 Plymouth Belvedere 2-door hardtop, and she's great. I've been finally able to license it last spring, and already made 700 miles with it. A few little things still to be done, but it's almost over.

So, time to think about another car ! ... I'm a Mopar man. Definitely. And right after the Forward Look years, the period I like the most is the Fuselage era. So I'll be lurking around here to find me a Fuselage 2-door hardtop. Preferably a 1970 model, but I'm quite open.

Thanks !

G51bb.jpg

Welcome, wow what a stunning car. More pictures please, that one is just a big tease

So I'll be lurking around here to find me a Fuselage 2-door hardtop.
That car looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Not sure from your description above if you are looking for a project or something essentially complete. There is a 70 Polara major project being discussed in a thread on this board as we speak.

Welcome, wow what a stunning car. More pictures please, that one is just a big tease

Thanks.
Here's another one.

The car has the a 318 with dual quad carbs, power brakes, power steering and power windows.
I do have the bumper wings, but they need to be rechromed, and I have postponed that for the moment.

20170528_105955b.jpg

Not sure from your description above if you are looking for a project or something essentially complete. There is a 70 Polara major project being discussed in a thread on this board as we speak.
I cannot hide the fact that my restoration was a loooong one. Very long. Too long.
It was a big project. The car was totally disassembled, and I had cardboards and cardboards of parts.

So ideally I would be looking for a driver, with maybe some work needed.
Although, if a really good occasion came along (let's say a '70 Plymouth Sport Fury GT ... ), I would probably go for a project too.
But a complete one. And not disassembled. Never again.

Wow, what a nice car you have, that looks very nice. Any particular models of Fuselage cars you prefer?

welcome....you have a very nice and clean 58 I have a 58 Plymouth Savoy love the 58s as well mine now has a 440 2 fours ... :canada:

20130811_133938.jpg

20130515_221514.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, what a nice car you have, that looks very nice. Any particular models of Fuselage cars you prefer?
Well, I do love the '70 cars.
So far, my search is focused on a 2-door hardtop Plymouth Sport Fury or Chrysler 300.

Your car is stunning, is that its original color?

That is an awesome 58 Plymouth you have! And restoring it in Belgium is no small feat! Congratulations and welcome!

Back