Welcome Len Z to FCBO!

Len Z

Reaction score
Bought a 1966 new Yorker, Looking for info on upgrading/ Maintaining.

Hi, My name is Len and i'm from Brick,NJ.

I stumbled across this forum looking for repair info on Google.
The car i bought is a 1966 new Yorker, It runs ok but i'm looking to upgrade the ignition system, Single to dual exhaust and get rid of the small 14" wheels.
I'm looking forward to learning and sharing info on this car.

6.jpg

Looks like a solid town sedan you have there, welcome to the site from the Motor City!
I've had great luck with the standard pertronix Ignitor electronic ignition conversion kits. They're affordable, affective and very easy to install. I say standard because they offer higher performance versions that I've heard are not without issues although I'm not convinced that the issues people were having were related to the kits.
The Ignitor kit is #1381A and their Flamethrower coil goes nicely with it.

Welcome aboard!
I concur with Matt on the Pertronix kit. It has been the first conversion (with Taylor 8mm wires and new plugs) that I've done on all of my Cbodies with no regrets.
For exhaust, and I know there are a number of different positions on this, I love a BB through a Flowmaster series 40, 2-1/2" system with h pipe. However there are cheaper ways to go, I'm sure others will chime in on that.
Good luck, man!

Oh, and those caps look great on that car.
Thanks, I'm looking for larger wheels(15") with the same look, Or 18" non shiny wheels for a set of tires i already have.
The problem i'm finding is the wheel bore size is hard to find and it is unknow if they will fit with the skirts on.

Probably going with the Pertronix and dual exhaust with cherry bombs.

IMG_2075.JPG
Thanks, I'm looking for larger wheels(15") with the same look, Or 18" non shiny wheels for a set of tires i already have.
The problem i'm finding is the wheel bore size is hard to find and it is unknow if they will fit with the skirts on.

Probably going with the Pertronix and dual exhaust with cherry bombs.
I went with 15" mbody service rallys with 235 75 R 15 on my 68 Monaco. Filled it out nicely and handled well. I think those would work on yours as well but as far as plain Jane steelies in 15", you have a good amount to choose from.

Last edited:
Nice looking interior, looks survivor quality. What color was the car originally?

Those look nice, Where did you buy them?
Back then they were like flap jacks at a buffet, esp out west where I built that car. Got 5 at the pick a part for 100 bucks. Now, I'm not totally sure but they are def not rare.

As far as a no work solution:
Wheel Vintiques

Nice looking interior, looks survivor quality. What color was the car originally?
I have not even looked at that yet because it's been so cold. Today i'll see if anything remains of the original color.

I see a fender tag under the hood on the driver's side inner fender, that'll tell you the color code among other things.

There's so much other paint on that tag that it's actually hard to make out but I think I can see a W or 2 which means that it was white.

Back