Welcome, snow

This was last December. Thank goodness it only happens once or twice a year and is usually gone by noon.

IMG_20171209_063556_738.jpg

Well, I know a place where it rarely spitz "chunky Rain" but we do get the occasional Hurricane with monsoon rainz and serious wind. And Chris. I remember one time in the late '70s before I-10 waz complete west of Phoenix out to Buckeye when they got a little too much rain around Prescott and parts the 4 lane AND I-10 in the Buckeye area had to be re-built. You either dropped down and ran I-8 all the way to San Diego and then up to the Shaky or run it over to Yuma and then the 2 lane SR-95 back up to I-10 to get there. An other time I waz boogie' south on 17 and came up on a little detour to the north bound lanes thru' the medium because the south bound lanes had been washed down into the ravine on the west side. We all have these little hiccups to deal with when Mother Nature flexes her muscles, lol

Beautiful on van island right now....looks like l left just in time ....enjoy ..:poke:
Busy.as heck on Van Island nowadays....guy l contract through has been goin batty the last cpl days here....he.ll be on island by next summer he says lol...

Beautiful on van island right now....looks like l left just in time ....enjoy ..:poke:
Busy.as heck on Van Island nowadays....guy l contract through has been goin batty the last cpl days here....he.ll be on island by next summer he says lol...

So that's where you've been we were worried you had gone into hibernation early.....

Hey Stan, are you having the same problem there with snowbirds not leaving in spring? Defiantly seems to be happening here. :BangHead:
The construction explosion has hit my area hard again after going down the toilet in '07. Seven houses on my street alone being built as we speak. Only two were built tween '07 and '17.

Most of the houses are being bought by past Snowbirds tired of renting, and by Floridians moving inland from the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts because of (yes, I'm gonna say it) Climate Change.
Another downside of the new boom is the County is going to lose its "Rural" designation, as defined by Federal programs which means the County is going to lose a lot of Federal grants and funding thus moving us from one of the poorest Counties to even lower.

Yes, Chris, construction is going nuts and I'm hating it.
I've been trying for a year to buy the foreclosed vacant lot behind me but the red tape has been what makes government red tape and beurocracy a legendary joke.

Soooo can we be neighbors then? I promise to only have 8 or 9 derelict c bodies laying around
Actually, I have two plans for it.
1. Plant 10,000 Sq ft of Cannabis on it. Failing that..
2. Park a school bus on it and rent it out to Farm workers.

Either way, I will park a derelict C-body on it. :)

Back