Well it's a done deal on my new 69 Sport Fury Vert !!!

my last shipper in the US was telling me we can't reach the seller since two weeks. After checking and calling back they admitted they haven't tried yet and it was all a mistake

I've always had good luck with cars being picked up and delivered on time .... a couple times even early. But I didn't jump on the lowest bid either.

How do you know who to go with, really.
Yes, there are the dedicated carriers with their own fleets (Passport, Exotic, Intercity, etc) but 99% of the transport "companies" are brokers who sit at a computer in their bedroom asking for bids from anybody out there that can haul a car from Pt. A to Pt. B. And the brokers all say "yah I've used this guy before and never had any complaints". Every car I have had transported has been a low-life owner operator that hasn't bathed in three weeks, the trailer was 30 years old with broken supports, inoperative hydraulics, the tractor cab needed to fumigated, and was late because he had three (!) flats on the way (why always three??).
The last guy had a freaking Bobcat (with the bucket raised all the way up) on the top deck and when he got to the edge of the ramps, it tipped over and down onto the street. I told him it wasn't going to work. I then had to use my truck and a chain to right the Bobcat. Then when loading the car, one ramp raised sideways and put the fender into a support... "Used him before and never had any........"
You have no idea who's picked up your car until he arrives 5 days late after calling you ten times asking for directions...

Last edited:
Ditto commando1!

ive had similar experiences, you get what you pay for. I had a good experience with DAS, they aren't the cheapest.

I have yet to go with the cheapest. All I got was higher priced aggrivation...

I never go with cheapest price as you always get what you pay for, Montway was actually third highest out of eight shippers and did lower their price due to supposedly they had a half filled truck heading this way and was able to allegedly pick it up sooner that I expected. I'm sure it was a bullshit ploy just to get the job but of all the shipping companies I checked out they had a better track record and not as many complaints as other companies had.

Ditto commando1!

ive had similar experiences, you get what you pay for. I had a good experience with DAS, they aren't the cheapest.

Funny (or maybe not) DAS was my second choice but much higher than Montwway almost top bidder.

Ditto commando1!

I used DAS three times, never a problem, from Washington, Virginia and Illinois

That was years ago last one was over ten. My dad found a private shipper out of the Hemmings book. A one man show in PA with an enclosed trailer......... that was by far the best deal I had seen

Well the fun goes on !!! Montway still has not given me a reason other than the "Guy Broke Down" song & dance and could not answer why at least anyone from their company or the sub-hired shipper did not ever contact me or the guy I bought the car from. So I had my own Donald Trump moment and fired them.
So now I am looking for another shipper. :yes_no:

Sounds about right...
More irritation and agony than there should be is the norm with this business.
But who can afford Passport@ $2.00/mi.

Posted via Topify on Android

Well the fun goes on !!! Montway still has not given me a reason other than the "Guy Broke Down" song & dance and could not answer why at least anyone from their company or the sub-hired shipper did not ever contact me or the guy I bought the car from. So I had my own Donald Trump moment and fired them.
So now I am looking for another shipper.

I used Magic Carpet Auto Transport twice and was very satisfied both times - from Kansas and Michigan

I used Pilot to ship a crate the size of a Volkswagen from El Paso to APG, Md. It showed up a day early and was unloaded and the driver was gone before I even showed up. I asked my guys if they unloaded it.........they said nope, they pointed to the spot I wanted it unloaded and the driver unloaded it, left the manifest, and a note thanking me for hiring him.

Just be patient, it'll get done.

Back