Well, the Insurance company was wrong in this instance!

Sorry to hear this.

Please tell us the manufacturer of the steel garage, if known so that I (and others) never buy their product.

Just spit ballin' here but I personally am not too sure if any would warranty a garage structure that had a tree fall on it...:rolleyes:

A neighbour a while back had a tree fall on their Ram 1500 and contrary to popular believe, the truck didn't survive...

Just spit ballin' here but I personally am not too sure if any would warranty a garage structure that had a tree fall on it...:rolleyes:

A neighbour a while back had a tree fall on their Ram 1500 and contrary to popular believe, the truck didn't survive...
My question is why do people have trees so close to the garage that this could happen, let alone the House? That's like having dry grass butted up against your house in a Fire zone!

My question is why do people have trees so close to the garage that this could happen, let alone the House? That's like having dry grass butted up against your house in a Fire zone!

I agree with you Stubs but in most cases there may not be any choice in location due to geographic reasons with the parcel of land that they have to work with.
Or they build a nice new house of building and plan a Maple or oak right beside the foundation. No problem to begin with but heaven help the new owners in 20 years from now.
The results could be what we are reading about in this thread.

My personal pet peeve for landscaping a house(neighbours) is plant so many deciduous trees on their property then you are stuck cleaning their mess up they act like you are the bad guy for not loving their choice.

I've been know to delivery a few bags worth back to the origin in the past via leaf blower LOL!:lol:

Don't even get me started on the neighbours' dog doing its' business on my front lawn...:mob:

When the house went up 40 years ago, it wasn't so bad. But over the years, the trees slowly keep growing and you get used to them. They will be coming down now. Though, they will be missing the shade.

Yea, if I ever hit the lottery, my dream garage will be built like a municipal parking garage. Big concrete structure!

The element is something that is impossible to predict, he himself survived several tornadoes, but he always kept the car in an underground parking lot. But at the same time, I immediately took out the insurance, I chose the company for a very long time. Many suggestions, but I wanted to choose the best one. I took out insurance at this place joywallet.com, while there were no problems, I can recommend

Last edited:
Any further pictures? A month has gone by now, surely it must be uncovered.

I'm not sure who insured the car. But, regarding the "buy back", Hagerty offers a "charished salvage" option that allows you to keep the car if it is totaled and they give you a payoff. The cost is only penny's on the dollar. Usually less than $15 or 20 bucks.

OH! over a year. I should learn to read.

"spammer" hahahaha. Really?

Actually I'm curious what kind of offer the insurance company made to settle. I know NADA lists a 72 Suburban at like $30k

Any further pictures? A month has gone by now, surely it must be uncovered.

I bought the car from Tom. It took quite a hit from the shop collapsing on top of it.

I hope to repair the car, but need to find the right donor for it. The budget doesn't have money in it right now for hobby stuff, so it's going to be a while.

IMG_9902.JPG

IMG_9920.JPG

IMG_9919.JPG

Jeff

Not near as bad as I had expected.
Did it break the rear window?

Back