went for a ride

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Took three of my kids to the shore Saturday. Nice weather but boy do they ***** about the breeze in the back of a ragtop....

IMG_8528.jpgIMG_8529.jpg

Saw this neat bus down there cruising around.... how many of those were made?

IMG_8531.jpgIMG_8532.jpgIMG_8533.jpgIMG_8534.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

IMG_8529.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg

IMG_8533.jpg

IMG_8534.jpg

Saw one of those at a cruise Saturday.

I remember my uncle having one of these back in the early 60's.

Kombi_Pick_Up_A%C3%A7o.jpg

That 23-window Bus, with the sliding sunroof and Safari windows??? That's $100K and higher these days - believe it!

That 23-window Bus, with the sliding sunroof and Safari windows??? That's $100K and higher these days - believe it!

You're kidding? I knew they were uncommon and cant remember seeing one..... one hundred grand?

Took three of my kids to the shore Saturday. Nice weather but boy do they ***** about the breeze in the back of a ragtop....

Man, IMO that is the best thing abt sitting in the back seat..........hair flying, carefree.....no much fun on the I but on the side roads it's golden.

It's the 21 window Samba T1, not as rare as the 23 window version but still very rare. Beautiful car!

Two T1 busses were on the trailer when I got my car. One Transporter version and one very rare Westfalia Camper. Both in better then new condition...! The trucker told me, that the whole trailer was insured for more than 500k €. Ok, the porsche 356 takes a good bit of that, but still a lot of money to spare for the others..! All cars on the trailer came from the U.S.

1969 Imperial_018.jpg

1969 Imperial_018.jpg

187134 2013 Dockside 3.jpg187134 2013 LBI 2.jpg187134 2013 Lighthouse 1.jpg187134 2013 LBI 8.jpg

These were last years photos................ I made a separate post on that a year ago.. My daughter is way more paranoid about something happening to this car than I am. Jersey roads, traffic.....Jersey drivers.. I dont worry about it, I NEED to drive the car

187134 2013 Dockside 3.jpg

187134 2013 LBI 2.jpg

187134 2013 Lighthouse 1.jpg

187134 2013 LBI 8.jpg

Looks like a great time. I can't get anyone one that wants to ride in the back of mine. Men with no hair are the best, but forget about wearing a ball cap it will be gone after about 30mph.

Nothing better than driving them!

It's the 21 window Samba T1, not as rare as the 23 window version but still very rare. Beautiful car!

Two T1 busses were on the trailer when I got my car. One Transporter version and one very rare Westfalia Camper. Both in better then new condition...! The trucker told me, that the whole trailer was insured for more than 500k €. Ok, the porsche 356 takes a good bit of that, but still a lot of money to spare for the others..! All cars on the trailer came from the U.S.

View attachment 37820

On the whole trailer I can see only one great car.
It was built in Jefferson, Detroit.

Great. That means she loves it :)

She drives, 23, yeah, she loves it. She has been through ALL the searching and met the original owners with me. Trouble is the boy, 16, wants it too.... he has no idea what hes in for

Nice pictures Dave!

I'm glad you got to spend a day with your kids!

Black vinyl interior must be a SOB on sunny day with the top down. Nothing you can do about that though.

Lovely car. :icon_pray:

Looks like you all had a miserable time (kidding)! Can I have a turn, I'll even sit in the back and keep my mouth shut.

Glenn

Beautiful car and I love the color - really stands out. Curious, what did you do to raise the back end a little - air shocks, load leveler shocks, new springs or ??? Some of my cars need some help with the rear height, so I am curious what you did.
Thanks

Beautiful car and I love the color - really stands out. Curious, what did you do to raise the back end a little - air shocks, load leveler shocks, new springs or ??? Some of my cars need some help with the rear height, so I am curious what you did.
Thanks

Replaced the springs http://www.springsnthings.com/ 1" over stock height. I did that ten years ago right after we bought her and the springs havent sagged at all. In my opinion it gives a Fuselage the perfect stance. Shocks are NOS units

Back