Went to the Leake car auction...

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
...and came home empty-handed, dammit! There were a handful of cars there that interested me, but I'll bet over half of the vehicles there for sale were model year 2000-newer! Hell, if I'd wanted to look at new Vipers, Challengers, Camaros, and such, I'd stop at a dealer lot! BUT, there were a few that really got me going, and almost all were ragtops...The pics are off the Leake webpage and are the actual cars I saw.

1) 1962 Chrysler 300H convertible, red with gold interior and white top.383 4-bbl auto, ps, pb, no air, stock-looking and very pretty! Tops on my lust-for list!
OKC152449.jpg

2) 1963 Ford Thunderbird Sport convertible with the hard tonneau cover. Red with red interior, Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels, 390 4-bbl, stunning car!

OKC15469.jpg

3) 1962 Chevy Impala SS convertible, 327 auto, red/red with white top, stock SS wheel covers & whitewalls. Beautiful!

OKC152429.jpg

4) 1967 Plymouth GTX coupe, 426 Hemi auto, 10K actual miles, owned by two Chrysler dealerships its whole life until December 2014, dark blue with black interior. One repaint - don't know why a 10K mile car needed a repaint, though. Weird thing on this car is that it had a factory radio antenna mounted on the RR quarter, instead of the RF fender! Seller was a flipper who knew very little about the car, overall.

OKC152501.jpg

5) 1959 DeSoto Adventurer hardtop, 361 auto, air, ps. Off-white with gold interior. Very nice car throughout!

OKC15443.jpg

Didn't have my camera with, and my cellphone is 3G with no camera (yeah, I know, I'm a Neanderthal that refuses to go with the latest rotten-Apple crap!), so no pics. You can look the cars up online on the Leake Auction site, OKC auction and see what they sold for. Stayed about an hour and left.

The auction info said 383, but it had the machined pad on the block as a 413 would. And the cars were parked so close together that it didn't dawn on me to look at the emblems.

Do you recall or know of the sold price list for these beautiful cars?

The only emblem on the true 1962 300H(Coupe or convertible) was ah cute little pot metal chromed H about 3/4"X1" located on the left side rear portion of the deck lid and with the Vert. It was 1 of only 123. The Sport could be ordered with everything to make it look like an H except the H and 150 speedo

Back