What a Rush

Aluminum seats coming when the roll cage goes in. Two of them. Wanna ride?

- dad
I'm trying to figure out where all the weight loss came from on Rush.

My car doesn't have a heater box, but have both bench seats and full interior.

It does have full exhaust, but aluminum heads and water pump.

No spare or jack or anything,a Dana weighs a lil more than an 8 3/4.

It is what it is, just trying to follow a path already blazed.

A ride? Well heck yea,I 'm already living vicariously through you guys!

I'm trying to figure out where all the weight loss came from on Rush.

My car doesn't have a heater box, but have both bench seats and full interior.

It does have full exhaust, but aluminum heads and water pump.

No spare or jack or anything,a Dana weighs a lil more than an 8 3/4.

It is what it is, just trying to follow a path already blazed.

A ride? Well heck yea,I 'm already living vicariously through you guys!

I haven't weighed it. The Dana isn't in it yet. I'm not sure what bumpers are on the car, but, they seem to be barely bolted on. Perhaps some bracketry has been eliminated? I'll look closer when I get a moment.

- dad

53F44F1C-9331-4A3C-8F16-C58D5589D1E5.jpeg
Teaser - cheesecake shot!

It’s getting closer..
DF4C791B-E62B-49D9-9D29-C8A9B55FBF6C.jpeg

Their impressive recycling efforts are admirable. Anything that makes for good packaging is OK with me. Except for “peanuts.” I despise packing peanuts. They are a pain.

- dad

That looks like a transmission in that crate:), it must go with the new converter.
What stall is the converter?

That looks like a transmission in that crate:), it must go with the new converter.
What stall is the converter?

It is designed to flash at 5200 RPM. It's an 8" with a steel stator to handle the transbrake. The engine starts to breathe really well up around there, it should be a decent match. This car is likely to be rather interesting to drive - 1/4 mile at a time.
- dad
And to Keller's :p
-not dad

Last edited:
Last edited:
Really gotta pull the info outta these guys! :poke: Glad we get to see what they are doing to the car.

Tools.
4.30/1 rear, with a spool. A locker is considerably dangerous at these power levels. The torque converter will probably be ~4500, and built to handle the shock of a transbrake.
It’s been running a 4.10/1 differential with a 3500 RPM stall converter and this intake and cam setup just doesn’t love the starting line. Then again, neither did the u-joint studs!Two of them sheared clean off, that's why the long pause in posts. The "489" center section requires a new crush sleeve to replace the yoke. That started to snowball, and, we decided that the time was nigh to go with a Dana (Strange) 60 setup.
I’m also going to start bumping the timing once it gets a few miles. The ignition is quite intelligent and will let me make decisions about timing based upon time, RPM, gear, etc. This, too, should help with takeoff.

- dad

News:

John Cope had PTC take a look at our build and they’ve suggested an 8”, 5200 RPM flash stall converter (with a steel stator to handle the transbrake).

I had thought about using a ~4500 stall converter. They feel that the higher stall is necessary. I’m down with utilizing their experience, so, we’re going with the suggestion.

John Cope also said that the car was going to be a very serious contender and “stupid-fast” considering its weight. That’s just what a young man needs to make him learn some respect for the laws of physics.

- dad

Or, I suppose, you could pay attention! :BangHead:

..Did he really just call us "Tools?" :drama:
:lol:

Last edited:
It was really too humid to paint the axle housings this weekend. The color will be Lemon Twist. Now that we see it in person, it's looking like the car is actually painted Curious Yellow. There's definitely a hint of a day-glow green tint to the car that isn't in the Lemon Twist. The Lemon Twist underneath should give it a nice subtle contrast. We're going with it.

1971-plymouth.jpg
1972-plymouth.jpg

- dad

Last edited:
It was really too humid to paint the axle housings this weekend. The color will be Lemon Twist. Now that we see it in person, it's looking like the car is actually painted Curious Yellow. There's definitely a hint of a day-glow green tint to the car that isn't in the Lemon Twist. The Lemon Twist underneath should give it a nice subtle contrast. We're going with it.

View attachment 210537 View attachment 210538

- dad

I'd veer away from painting the axle housing any color with "twist" in it.....:lol:

Or, I suppose, you could pay attention! :BangHead:
Takes all the fun out of it! I vaguely remembered what you were running, but I'm not a mind reader, some anxiously awaiting the details.

I don't know you well enough to call you a tool! The parts, man, the parts.

Takes all the fun out of it! I vaguely remembered what you were running, but I'm not a mind reader, some anxiously awaiting the details.

I don't know you well enough to call you a tool! The parts, man, the parts.
It's all in good fun here!

On the way, our big automotive shop is now four walls.
8316B5D6-D469-4A6A-9494-827BBB2B5F68.jpeg
F4B0B6CF-5725-457C-8F8B-3B8C615A0C59.jpeg

It’s going to be 40’x60’ with a 30’x60’ awning.

Back