WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

Ken, Here is a shot of the bracket I'm curious about. It seems to support the accelerator pivot rod that mounts to the firewall. I think I'm missing a piece?
Anyone else have a pic of this bracket in use? The parts book or manual are of no help.
60/61 318.

DSC05870.JPG

The bracket mounted with the top left bell housing bolt.....

Another question. The hood hinges in 61 all seem to be painted body color, EXCEPT for the hinge springs. I have two sets with the springs being a medium green color, obvious OEM. Several original pictures I have looked at show the springs to be a different color than the hinge but it's hard to verify the color. Any facts or theory?

Hey Will, Just curious If your using the belvedere fenders? How did you drill the holes accurate for the Fury emblem and tristar? It's like 8 pin holes to get just perfect Did you make some sort of template? Or did you just do a bunch of measuring? Or?
I have a belvedere fender that I want to put Fury trim on.
Makes me nervous to drill it and be off.

Ken, Here is a shot of the bracket I'm curious about. It seems to support the accelerator pivot rod that mounts to the firewall. I think I'm missing a piece?
Anyone else have a pic of this bracket in use? The parts book or manual are of no help.
60/61 318.

View attachment 438965

The bracket mounted with the top left bell housing bolt.....
I don't think your missing anything with brackets. I was looking on some very original 62s that I have and the rod just appears to slip into side of bracket and support it.

Due to upcoming show schedule and prepping for Carlisle Virgil's restoration is on hold until the end of July. I'll be hitting it heavy after that and hope to be up and running and in paint by the end of the year...... Stay tuned!

Due to upcoming show schedule and prepping for Carlisle Virgil's restoration is on hold until the end of July. I'll be hitting it heavy after that and hope to be up and running and in paint by the end of the year...... Stay tuned!

Dang!

I was hoping to see Virgil at Carlisle. But I know you won't bring it out until it's done to your standards.

That's cool......take your time.

Dang!

I was hoping to see Virgil at Carlisle. But I know you won't bring it out until it's done to your standards.

That's cool......take your time.

Sorry Bob, even 2022 will be a push. Once the body and paint is complete I won't need to travel 250 miles to work on him. A major pain. Once I get it closer to home I'll dedicate a lot more time to the project.

Sorry Bob, even 2022 will be a push. Once the body and paint is complete I won't need to travel 250 miles to work on him. A major pain. Once I get it closer to home I'll dedicate a lot more time to the project.

No problem Will.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have been driving mine on my off days but I put the 93 octane fuel in my tank and I used it in my other '61. I was hoping to have both mine and your'61 parked next to each other at the TN Valley Mopar show

I have been driving mine on my off days but I put the 93 octane fuel in my tank and I used it in my other '61. I was hoping to have both mine and your'61 parked next to each other at the TN Valley Mopar show

That would be nice Steph. Mine is a ways off from being completed though. One day......!

That would be nice Steph. Mine is a ways off from being completed though. One day......!
There is a new date for the show July 3rd some one goofed and did not reserve the grounds for the 19th I also purchased a car cover for my 61 from www.carcovers.com and the covers are 50% off I typed the SUMMER and got another 10% off

There is a new date for the show July 3rd some one goofed and did not reserve the grounds for the 19th I also purchased a car cover for my 61 from www.carcovers.com and the covers are 50% off I typed the SUMMER and got another 10% off

Thanks Steph. I just bought a cover from them for my 67 Polara, All weather resistant. Fit nice, I am happy with it.
The Cullman Al all Mopar show is this weekend but i'm not going to make it, I'm prepping for Carlisle, which will be my next event.

I arranged to start into the finish body work, seal, prime and paint on Virgil today. It should be completed by December, or earlier. I'll then be able to bring the car down home where I can start the reassembly process. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Back