WHAT ? Another 61 Fury restroation......

Heres a look at the Emerald green I have selected. Very close to the correct "G" code Emeral green on the 61 Plymouth color chart. 1 gal paint, 1 gal reducer, 1 gal show clear...... $460.00.
Will be delivered tonight and should be able to spray, (body), tomorrow

View attachment 568625

View attachment 568628
Beautiful color combo Will, would love to see it in person someday. Excited to see it finished for you.

Body was painted Arctic white and then express clear coated, then a 600 wet sanding.
Next, the Emerald green and finally a heavy show clear. Body was double taped. first the Emerald was sprayed, then after removing the second level of tape & paper the rest was clear coated.
Three long days of prep to get to this point.

DSC00834.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

DSC00835.JPG

DSC00836.JPG

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00843.JPG

DSC00845.JPG

DSC00844.JPG

DSC00846.JPG

DSC00847.JPG

Considering it was a cloudy, damp, cool morning, and the car was painted outside, under a canopy, on a gravel pad and there was zero wind. It turned out to be perfect conditions and not one flaw appeared in the finish. :thumbsup:

Needs to dry and cure now. I'm taking a couple of days off.

Considering it was a cloudy, damp, cool morning, and the car was painted outside, under a canopy, on a gravel pad and there was zero wind. It turned out to be perfect conditions and not one flaw appeared in the finish. :thumbsup:

Needs to dry and cure now. I'm taking a couple of days off.

Way-ta-go, Wil! Absolutely stunning! Now. . . Where is that fire-breathing Poly? :poke:

I regret that Bob is not here to see the completion of Virgil. He was one of this builds most avid followers. Always had great comments and enthusiastic questions. You'll be riding on the Maden voyage with Ellie Bob.

Question. Is that same color green that you used on interior parts?
Kick panels,dash frame,colum?

No Ken. All the greens on this car are different shades but harmonize beautify. My hats off to the designers of these cars.
I stayed as true as I could to the original shades of color. I have the codes and formulas if anyone needs them.

Will you make it to the TN Valley Mopar show with the '61 convertible in 2023? I hope to have our '61s parked side by side and take some photos

Any updates?

Yes, thanks for asking. I've been working steady on Virgil. Lots of small stuff. Everything needs to be cleaned, restored or replaced before going back on so it takes a little time. I need to download all the pictures I've taken and bring this thread up to date.
I'm leaving for New Orleans and the always great Mopar show there, in the morning.
Will bring some pictures back from there also.

I'm driving my 2005 Magnum RT birthday present down there. My first Metric Mopar..... Should be fun.
No pictures yet, will come with the NOLA pics.

Mopars on the Mountain will be August 5,2023 @ Monte Sano State Park in Huntsville. The address is 5105 Nolen Ave SE, Huntsville, AL 35801

I will attempt to get current with Virgil's restoration pictures.
Some of these pics may have already been posted but he has come a long way in the past couple of months. Lots of small stuff that doesn't get documented and there's more done that I haven't shot pics off..... coming soon.

DSC00786.JPG

DSC00816.JPG

DSC00817.JPG

DSC00818.JPG

DSC00820.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00840.JPG

DSC00844.JPG

DSC00847.JPG

A little progress. brake booster and master cylinder installed. I got a good pedal just by pumping the brake pedal. final bleed should be easy
My AFB built at Woodruff's is in place.
All front inner sheet metal is painted and in place.
I'm in process of installing all the rear power window regulators, motors and glass

DSC01084.JPG

DSC01077.JPG

DSC01085.JPG

Back