What are these and where do they go??

darth_linux

Reaction score
I pulled apart my interior and am now putting things back together, and I can’t remember where these two little guys went. I think they belong in the backseat area somewhere.

1966 Chrysler Newport, two door hardtop.

0ED78760-6510-4885-AFF6-FFAD2756B4BA.jpeg

Spring retainers. If I am not mistaken these hold the rear window scissors that are attached to your regulator. There is not much room and you will drop them down into the bottom of your window well a couple of times before you get them secured. If you don’t put them on, the peg may rattle out of the hole and your rear window may drop down part way.

Last edited:
Here is a picture from my’68 manual.
First picture is from the 4 door but labeled the spring nut. Second picture is the rear of the 2dr HT but not labeled.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Spring retainers. If I am not mistaken these hold the rear window scissors that are attached to your regulator. There is not much room and you will drop them down into the bottom of your window well a couple of times before you get them secured. If you don’t put them on, the peg may rattle out of the hole and your rear window may drop down part way.
Thank you. They must have been with the parts that I fished out of the bottom of the quarter window area when I took the panels off. My regulators need a full rebuild, so the windows are locked in full upright position and the cranks loosened so they can’t be moved.

Appreciate the reply.

Back