What are these disc brakes from?

Just spoke to JimmyRich,
He --- I S --- smart enough to gobble up a set of *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Disc Brake Pads for this set up.....
( I have exactly 7 of them, at this moment in time.... now 6)

Those of you, on this thread , who looked at the Disc Brake Rotors , might realize that those are ones that you would not want to have to purchase --- as that SSBC sells them for $ 300.00 each.... I gave JimmyRich the "secret" on how to do them more economically, if ever needed, but with *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads, JimmyRich may Never need them in life.....

For those of you were trying to figure out what the brake pads are / fit , they are :
1965 - 1972 " A " body MOPAR-- all -- with the factory Kelsey Hayes disc's
1965 - 1972 Dart, Duster, Valiant, Swinger, and
1965 - 1969 Cuda, Barracuda, and

1965 - 1967 Ford Mustang.....

The part number is D 11 or the full number, from yesteryear is 730 D 11.....
Very available in the garbage / Chineseum world --- NOT wise to use that crap !!!

The Calipers are very different ----
1965 - 1972 MOPAR " A " body are the same, but different from
1965 - 1966 Ford Mustang, which are different from the 1 year ONLY
1967 Ford Mustang Calipers.....

Hope that helps all of you that have been following that thread...
JimmyRich had no hesitation on grabbing the GOLD --- He is a SMART MAN .....

Remember, he didn't put that system in there ; he bought the car that way, and at this point, it pays to just leave it in there.... He is not going to use this pleasure cruiser as a taxi cab in Manhattan......

Craig.......

These may be from a conversion kit produced by the old Stainless Steel Brake Company a number of years ago. I had a set.
They mimicked the Kelsey Hayes style and I was never satisfied with their performance. I also found that when they needed to be rebuilt, there was very little support for them. I suggest you take the source advice provided by others in this thread and move on!

The man is correct the are dinky Kelsey Hayes a bodies. They were used very late 65 thru 72. They are the least power of all disc calipers. They were used on 65 66 mustang.they were designed for a lite car. Several aftermarket copied them in aluminum…the a rotors are thin 8/10 not even 1” thick And 11 “ rotor th c bodies an d imperial run 11.75 and 1.25 thick….nearly 28 pounds.the mass of any rotor is directly proportional to the fade resistance. Have many videos on this subject. 1.25 inch rotors were seen much again until the srt challenger.
The rotors r converts kinetic energy to thermal . Heavier the rotor the more back to back stops u can make. A proper c body can do 3 panic stops back to back at 60 mph before noticeable fade. Many videos on subject. Several people did some of these years ago. They only hav 50 percent power
of a true c body or imperial pin caliper .the pin calipers were first introduced in 69 on c body…the 70 imperial. This was unusual as most things went on flagship imperial befor trickling down. The are very powerful and multiply force by 6 times. There are few calipers today that can match.
Force of caliper is surface area of piston. The 2 75 piston has a surface area of nearly 6 square inches.
Radius squared time pie
I’m replacing front disc brake pads on 1966 sport fury but they aren’t original. I bought pads for 1973 fury but look nothing alike. Please help! Thanks

View attachment 535406

View attachment 535407

So if u have 500 psi coming from factory tandem bendix
U get 3000 lbs of force at piston. The tandem bendix is still to this day one of the most powerful booster there is….will flow 90 % 0of just about any on planet. 500 psi completely reasonable. See original manual…b bodies tells u in checking proportional valve should be at leas 500 psi. Many videos on subject. This is why manual disc don’t work well. No vehicle was ever, ever,ever made after 73 by any manufacturer on planet, with manual disc .Considered unsafe and liable . only used on super lite cars ,dart, Vega. Pinto .mustang 65,66 only

So if u have 500 psi coming from factory tandem bendix
U get 3000 lbs of force at piston. The tandem bendix is still to this day one of the most powerful booster there is….will flow 90 % 0of just about any on planet. 500 psi completely reasonable. See original manual…b bodies tells u in checking proportional valve should be at leas 500 psi. Many videos on subject. This is why manual disc don’t work well. No vehicle was ever, ever,ever made after 73 by any manufacturer on planet, with manual disc .Considered unsafe and liable . only used on super lite cars ,dart, Vega. Pinto .mustang 65,66 only
Not an expert by any means, but I have personally owned a 1973 and a 1974 Dodge Challenger, both with factory manual disc brakes. I loved them both, and I had no issues with braking, even though at the time I was a whole 130 lbs

Back