What are these?

70NPORT

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
They are identical. Found at a friends garage in a box full junk parts accumulated over the years from swap meets, cars shows, yada yada. Of course he doesn't know either,lol. :dontknow:

IMG_1696.jpgIMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

C'mon now....three different guesses? I don't think they are exhaust hanger brackets...they are too small I would think.
Hemi parts? I wish,lol.
Nope.

If you were smart, you'd take a picture of them with another familiar object so we could get a size reference...:poke:

I think those are the Quasalmathusale's that hold up the six dragging thing-A-ma-jigs that are now held up by duct tape because I can't find anymore of them !!:eek:ops:

If you were smart, you'd take a picture of them with another familiar object so we could get a size reference...:poke:

A ruler or tape measure would work.

Then I could definitely rule out them being Hemi parts...

I would never use those pieces of crap under any circumstances. If you need them in the first place, it's already wrong.

I would never use those pieces of crap under any circumstances. If you need them in the first place, it's already wrong.

I've bought a couple of cars that had them over the years and pulled them off along with the long shackles. I've even seen them used with air shocks to lift the car higher.

Wow I can't believe you knew what these were....I have never seen these type of brackets before. I would never have thought to relocate my shock mounting point....very wrong!!
Got a feeling BJ's been around a lot more than he's let on to be. Good eye, BJ.

Yes shock absorber extensions, Used to be big when I was in high school, I never could figure out why you would run them, if you raised your car with just longer shackles, the shock would be too short, but some would run them on air shocks too, not a good idea. 60s and 70s aftermarket item.

Ok, well now I know what these are..never would've guessed.....these things must go way back into to the day. Anywho...maybe I can pawn them off on CL or something. One can sell radioactive false teeth if you keep them posted up long enough.

Back